Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May Pickups

+10
BigGuy219
pariah1107
t206head
nolemmings
cccc
Bosox Blair
LucasRiley
ullmandds
Z-NUT
glenv
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

May Pickups - Page 3 Empty Re: May Pickups

Post by nolemmings Thu May 30, 2013 5:47 pm

Thanks Jay. I would not be surprised if the team lettering was very similar for the Players League and National League Giants. What might be important IMO is that my cabinet shows Ewing in a lace-up style uniform whereas these other images I have seen appear to depict a button-up style. Did one team wear both styles in 1890 or could that be a way to differentiate them?
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
May Pickups - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100May Pickups - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu May 30, 2013 5:55 pm

you are right. I didn't notice the difference in the closure. I'll mention it to John
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
May Pickups - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100May Pickups - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu May 30, 2013 9:19 pm

the verdict is in...my ruth was graded A for added color...paypal was kind enough to grant me 1 exception to their rule and file a claim for the full amount minus the grading fee I presume?!?!

If our friend, Den Prak, or whomever is at the receiving end of the paypal account does not respond in 10 days...paypal will pay me the full amount. If he does respond...who knows what may happen?!?!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
May Pickups - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100May Pickups - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Thu May 30, 2013 9:25 pm

ullmandds wrote:the verdict is in...my ruth was graded A for added color...paypal was kind enough to grant me 1 exception to their rule and file a claim for the full amount minus the grading fee I presume?!?!

If our friend, Den Prak, or whomever is at the receiving end of the paypal account does not respond in 10 days...paypal will pay me the full amount. If he does respond...who knows what may happen?!?!

Very sorry to read about this entire episode. I am sure "A" with qualifier, was not what you were looking for when you purchased the card, but at least you have some reasonable options. Hoping for the best.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
May Pickups - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100May Pickups - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu May 30, 2013 11:27 pm

Todd, just got an update from John Thorn. It is an 1890 NY Brotherhood (PL) uniform.

1890 New York PL
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
May Pickups - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100May Pickups - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri May 31, 2013 12:54 am

sabrjay wrote:Todd, just got an update from John Thorn. It is an 1890 NY Brotherhood (PL) uniform.

1890 New York PL

Awesome. Congrats, Todd.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
May Pickups - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100May Pickups - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri May 31, 2013 12:55 am

ullmandds wrote:the verdict is in...my ruth was graded A for added color...paypal was kind enough to grant me 1 exception to their rule and file a claim for the full amount minus the grading fee I presume?!?!

Good luck!!!

jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
May Pickups - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100May Pickups - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by nolemmings Fri May 31, 2013 4:23 am

Todd, just got an update from John Thorn. It is an 1890 NY Brotherhood (PL) uniform.

If that is the case I'm ecstatic, and thank you and John for considering the matter. Thanks to all who wished me well on the acquisition too. The 19th Century stuff is probably a little too cool for me right now-- I thought I beat that monkey a few years back but can understand the attraction. Who knows how these things go. I crow about his Cabby now--then I see the next once in a decade opportunity and move to sell.. Nah, not likely here Smile

PS. Not to take away From Pete's travails here. Although not a native Minnesotan and therefore not entitled to the ranks and privileges that go along with such status, Pete is deserving of better weeks than the last two-three. Sorry for talking about you in the third person Pete--good luck on undoing the damage from the WW Gum Ruth, which by the way, looked damn good to me.
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri May 31, 2013 5:19 am

pete, zip it don't say anything else about paypal over there. if he responds and says he's shipped you're basically SOL with paypal and will be more complicated getting your money back. just hang tight for 10 days and hopefully the scammer has better things to worry about and forget about your case.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
May Pickups - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100May Pickups - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 pm

Shhhh...be very quiet...were hunting wabbits!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:17 am

Actually, Pete's in the driver's seat with paypal. I never once in a dispute with someone ever have PP come down on my side when I was the seller. When it comes to "accurate description" PP doesn't care if the post office, etc was the one that ran it over, crushes or whatever, the seller is still held liable in their eyes. Had that happen to me way too often and is why while I was still selling, I required everyone to have insurance and let them know that if they filed a claim with PP for post office related damage that they would be sued. Never had it happen again.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:17 am

i think the problem is pete paid with pp gift, or the equivalent. if you're outside the 45-day protection window paypal can try but they can't do much if the seller protests also.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
May Pickups - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100May Pickups - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:28 am

I try never to use PP gift.

It's amazing that with the value of some of these cards some sellers bemoan a few dollars in PP fees. What a bunch of cheap we can all be sometimes.

When someone insists (read: demands) I cover the fees, I just use regular PP but tack on the amount of the fee to what I send.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
May Pickups - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100May Pickups - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3