Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone recognize autographs....

+2
terjung
Square_Frame_Ramly
6 posters

Go down

Anyone recognize autographs.... Empty Anyone recognize autographs....

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:21 pm

Got this baseball with what looks to be a team signed ball. It's an eastern league Wilson ball probably from 1995-2000? From where i come from i suspect it's New Britain Rockcats or a visiting team.Anyone recognize autographs.... Img_1210
Anyone recognize autographs.... Img_1211
Anyone recognize autographs.... Img_1212
Anyone recognize autographs.... Img_1213

Anyone recognize autographs.... Img_1214 Anyone recognize autographs.... Img_1215 Anyone recognize autographs.... Img_1216Anyone recognize autographs.... Img_1217 Anyone recognize autographs.... Img_1218
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Anyone recognize autographs.... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Anyone recognize autographs.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Anyone recognize autographs.... Empty thats what i thought...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:07 pm

Thanks so much!!!

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Anyone recognize autographs.... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Anyone recognize autographs.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Anyone recognize autographs.... Empty Re: Anyone recognize autographs....

Post by sabrjay Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:41 pm

Great item. Gotta love the knowledge on this board. There is almost always someone around that knows something about any obscure object brought up.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Anyone recognize autographs.... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Anyone recognize autographs.... Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:47 pm

Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Anyone recognize autographs.... Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Anyone recognize autographs.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Anyone recognize autographs.... Empty just checked...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:38 am

Scott H. sig with a eye loop....it's him.

Thanks so much guys, this was my sister's baseball she gave to me about 2 months ago. Seems she was at a New Britain game back in early 1990's and got the team to sign the ball.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:10 am

Glad to help. Good eye on the Ken Ryan ID, Blair. 1992 it is.

It's always nice to be surprised by finding a major leaguer's signature on a ball. Enjoy!

As a side note, the New Britain Red Sox changed affiliations in 1995 to go from the AA Red Sox team to the AA Minnesota Twins team. The Red Sox name no longer was appropriate and the Hardware City Rock Cats were born. They changed their name again to the New Britain Rock Cats once their new stadium was completed.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Anyone recognize autographs.... Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Anyone recognize autographs.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Anyone recognize autographs.... Empty I...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:55 pm

lived in Bristol, CT from 1975-1985. They were known as the Bristol Redsox from 1973-1982. I remember seeing Wade Boggs, Jim Rice playing at the small stadium called Muzzy field. Wade Boggs spent 2 years at Bristol and hit .311 and .325 and was quickly promoted to Pawtucket in 1980 I was 8 in 1975 and that is when i started being a fan of the Boston Redsox. I even played little leauge at Muzzy.

My parents divorced when in 1975 and i went to live with my mom and 2 sisters in Bristol. My father was around a little but did not get much of a chance to throw the ball to him. I look back now and do wish he spent more time with us but i have kids of my own now and spend every moment with them to play ball or go to the park/library/parties. So, i visited the stadium a lot since i could practically walk to it. I remember getting foul balls or homeruns but have no idea where they ended up. When my sister gave me this ball i assumed it was 1990's.

BRISTOL REDSOX
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:38 am

cool ball mark! great research there...greg blosser, frankie rodriguez, those names bring back some memories. where's phil plantier in all of this?

i would love to get a ball signed by these hot shots in the early 90's like kevin maas, todd van poppel, ben mcdonald, andy benes, gregg olson etc.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by mwieder Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:57 pm

"todd van poppel" He's got to be one of the biggest hype/busts in recent memory.

mwieder
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Anyone recognize autographs.... Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Anyone recognize autographs.... Right_bar_bleue

http://picasaweb.google.com/mwieder/

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:26 pm

Just another Texas wunderkindt. I was living in the Bay Area when Oakland drafted him. There were immediate comparisons to David Clyde. Those of use old enough to remember, he was supposed to be the next great pitcher coming straight out of high school in Texas.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Anyone recognize autographs.... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Anyone recognize autographs.... Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down