Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going?

+4
cccc
seablaster
sabrjay
ullmandds
8 posters

Go down

Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Empty Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going?

Post by ullmandds Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:14 pm

I just received the "invitation" for the heritage auction thursday Aug 1...at the nat'l...$200 to attend...ANYONE GOING? I'm considering it?!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Empty Re: Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going?

Post by ullmandds Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Now that I actually "looked" at the auction...I don't think I'll be attending! I'm not in the market for any BSF e98's or expensive golf memorabilia!!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Empty Re: Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going?

Post by sabrjay Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:42 am

but you could rub shoulders with the whales. shark 
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by seablaster Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:47 am

I don't collect golf memorabilia, but owning Sam Snead's British Open claret jug would be too kool for skool.
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:04 am

pete--at least you'll know some of that $100 will go toward sponsoring the n54 dinner...BONUS!
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:50 am

cccc wrote:pete--at least you'll know some of that $100 will go toward sponsoring the n54 dinner...BONUS!

+1 !

I officially pronounce the "+1" proclamation, the most annoying ever. It is the high five of the internet. If the truth of an argument had to be augmented by some pinhead writing "+1", was it really worth discussing? Sorry for the rant.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:43 am

pariah1107 wrote:
cccc wrote:pete--at least you'll know some of that $100 will go toward sponsoring the n54 dinner...BONUS!

+1 !

I officially pronounce the "+1" proclamation, the most annoying ever. It is the high five of the internet. If the truth of an argument had to be augmented by some pinhead writing "+1", was it really worth discussing? Sorry for the rant.

+1ditto(is ditto ok ty???)
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:01 pm

ditto is too political soapbox 
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:15 pm

Well, I won't be able to make to the Nat'l this year.  Maybe next year in Cleveland.  Just too pricey between the hotels, flight, etc.  I would definitely like to meet everyone, but maybe next year.

+1 doesn't add much, it is true, but ditto is nerdy.  So I will take +1 over ditto.  yes
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:10 pm

one of my friends always use "ditto", and i've always been more annoyed with that than +1. both are pretty useless tho.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:18 pm

Is this a new thing...charging $100 to attend an auction? I went to the Heritage Auction at the National in 2011 and there was no charge. Also a nice buffet and a couple beverages before. Maybe the fee is for the food/beverages? Otherwise, seems weird to charge bidders to attend an auction...

Cheers,
Blair
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Heritage "Platinum Night" Auction/NAt'l...Anyone Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:36 pm

but for a whale, $100 is chump change
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:45 pm

At least we don't have to worry about Heritage employees placing bids in the live auction. They don't pay them enough to cover the $100 entry fee.

*rimshot*
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down