Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What in the heck is this card?? Part II

5 posters

Go down

What in the heck is this card?? Part II Empty What in the heck is this card?? Part II

Post by r337man Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:00 pm

ok, thought I would share this and try to get some opinions on it:

What in the heck is this card?? Part II Oranges002
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
What in the heck is this card?? Part II Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What in the heck is this card?? Part II Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What in the heck is this card?? Part II Empty Re: What in the heck is this card?? Part II

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:17 pm

Very cool piece, Dan. Never seen anything like it. What are the measurements and approximate thickness? I'm assuming it's blank backed.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
What in the heck is this card?? Part II Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100What in the heck is this card?? Part II Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

What in the heck is this card?? Part II Empty Re: What in the heck is this card?? Part II

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:25 pm

Gee, if a few more sets like that survived, I'd be willing to withstand the loss of a few early 20s strip card sets.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
What in the heck is this card?? Part II Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What in the heck is this card?? Part II Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:46 pm

That is a really nice card Dan, and one I have never seen an example of before. With the crossed bats and baseballs on the corners, I am kinda leaning towards an issue related to an early notebook - maybe a notebook cutout of some kind?

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
What in the heck is this card?? Part II Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100What in the heck is this card?? Part II Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:51 pm

Yes Scott I was thinking the same but have never seen a notebook with these on it yet. It is blank backed and a tad shorter than an E121 but the same width. I purchsed this from Steve Verkman years ago just after he purchased a huge type collection from a long time collector. Dan.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
What in the heck is this card?? Part II Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What in the heck is this card?? Part II Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:05 pm

Thickness would be a big indicator of whether it was issued as is, or was cut from a notebook cover. Great looking, none the less. I love oranate boarders.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What in the heck is this card?? Part II Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What in the heck is this card?? Part II Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:38 pm

It is of thin cardboard stock Jay. But so are the 1910 W-Unc notebook cards. Dan.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down