Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All right you T205 collectors

+2
phlflyer1
nolemmings
6 posters

Go down

All right you T205 collectors Empty All right you T205 collectors

Post by nolemmings Fri May 16, 2008 10:50 pm

I think I'm giddy as a schoolgirl, but what am I missing about this card I just sold, for what I figured to be twice its value:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250246531173&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=015

I know the mouth open variation is tougher, but is there something else I'm missing?
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
All right you T205 collectors Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100All right you T205 collectors Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

All right you T205 collectors Empty Re: All right you T205 collectors

Post by phlflyer1 Fri May 16, 2008 11:07 pm

Hi Todd,

I would have happily bought it from you for half the price to replace the one I have in my collection which is very nice but deemed slightly trimmed by SGC. Very Happy

I think the card went for a pretty fair price, actually. It is a tougher variation and one that isn't easy to find in VG or better condition in my experience. You had a couple of bidders who wanted it and bid it up to its graded price.

phlflyer1
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
All right you T205 collectors Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100All right you T205 collectors Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

All right you T205 collectors Empty Ok

Post by nolemmings Fri May 16, 2008 11:16 pm

Thanks Scott. I guess I'll wait til the cash is in hand and then be thankful. This windfall thing is completely new to me. banana hump
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
All right you T205 collectors Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100All right you T205 collectors Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat May 17, 2008 1:15 am

It looks like you had a nice group of bidders, only one bidder bid once and wwas done. To have more than 2 active bidders in an auction is always a good thing.

Heck, in 6 months you might be saying "I sold it too cheap". nahnahnah

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
All right you T205 collectors Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100All right you T205 collectors Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bcornell Sat May 17, 2008 8:25 pm

Interesting result - you had 3 guys bid over $300 on a raw card that's scarce but not rare, by any means.

I'll posit my guess, which I fully acknowledge could be wrong for this case. There are now many buyers who will take a run at raw cards with the idea of grading and then flipping them. It's gotten to the point of stupidity, imho, and this card is a good example. It's likely going to grade as VG, with an outside shot at VG/EX, in which case, they'll be lucky to recoup the $355 (+ grading fees) they spent. We see it time & time again - lots of quasi-dealers want to "stock their inventory".

I used to think that is was always worth getting a card over $50 graded if you intended to resell it, but that may need re-thinking. I had the same selling experience with a bunch of crappy raw T204's about 2 months ago - they sold for much more than I expected, and more than 2 SGC 30 examples.

Of course, the guy who won this Bresnahan may just be a new collector who really wanted to win it.

BTW: if every seller scanned cards and showed them the way Todd did, they'd almost certainly get higher prices. Those are great.

Bill

Last edited by bcornell on Sat May 17, 2008 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PS note)
bcornell
bcornell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
All right you T205 collectors Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100All right you T205 collectors Right_bar_bleue

http://www.t207.com

Back to top Go down

Post by asoriano Sun May 18, 2008 3:21 pm

Well guys, I was the underbidder on the card at $350.99. I thought I had a pretty healthy snipe set to win the card, but you never know. Tough T205 to find in that condition.

Last edited by asoriano on Sun May 18, 2008 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
asoriano
asoriano
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
All right you T205 collectors Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100All right you T205 collectors Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by arandy Sun May 18, 2008 5:16 pm

I agree with Bill. That scan will draw in more bidders. The ink quality is very strong and from what I can tell, there is little or no creases. I think it sold for the right price.

-Randy
arandy
arandy
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
All right you T205 collectors Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100All right you T205 collectors Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by nolemmings Sun May 18, 2008 5:38 pm

Thanks again guys. Now I just hope he pays. sweat

Todd
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down