Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulling auctions

+4
hrbaker
ullmandds
terjung
bowlingshoeguy
8 posters

Go down

Pulling auctions Empty Pulling auctions

Post by bowlingshoeguy Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:41 pm

I recently won an auction with a seller that has more cards I was interested in. The has has pulled almost all of the rest, which to me means that he sold them off line, which severely ticks me off. Now my point, I have a chance to ding the fella on the feedback with his numbers and I am really leaning towards doing this. I am definitely sending him an email telling him of my disappointment. All his other auctions of the same cards all received last minute bidding, so there is definitely interest in these cards.

Bottom line, do you think actions such as this warrant giving a seller 3 stars for actions such as this?

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Pulling auctions Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Pulling auctions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Pulling auctions Empty Re: Pulling auctions

Post by terjung Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:45 pm

If it were me, I'd only provide feedback on the auction that it is in response to. If that went well, rate it accordingly.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Pulling auctions Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Pulling auctions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:03 pm

The cycle 460 saga continues. I agree w/Brian. Sadly it has become perfectly acceptable behavior to work side deals on ebay which result in auctions disappearing. I'd contact the seller re. this issue...but shouldn't affect feedback.

ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Pulling auctions Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Pulling auctions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hrbaker Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:06 pm

You won one auction, if he delivered the card as listed he deserves appropriate feedback.
As for pulling auctions, I have long since gotten over that. If they are pulled before they have bids then I have no issue with it.
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:21 pm

Lee...is your middle name "spite?"
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:56 pm

I must admit I have been guilty of purchasing cards off-line, or under the table and agree that if no bids were offered it is perfectly acceptable to make arrangements with the seller.

For example, I purchased my set of w513's and a number of w514's from dealer X. In return, as a loyal customer, when a Walter Johnson SGC 4, and Ty Cobb BVG 3.5 w514 went on-line I contacted the seller. He was happy to help with the set building and agreed to pull them from ebay. I could see how others may have been upset, but to leave negative feedback because of items unrelated to YOUR purchase seems ridiculous.

Maybe a diplomatic email would open channels with this seller for future deals.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Pulling auctions Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Pulling auctions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:42 am

The auctions in question all had bids on them and were should down. I do plan on leaving positive feedback but I thought by dinging his stars it might catch his attention.

This seller also posts on other board and announced he was going to have them for sale. If you had a price in mind, why not put them in the BST?

A note, I have no problem with someone ending an auction early if there is no bids.
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Pulling auctions Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Pulling auctions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:14 am

terjung wrote:If it were me, I'd only provide feedback on the auction that it is in response to. If that went well, rate it accordingly.

Ditto. What Brian said.
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Pulling auctions Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Pulling auctions Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by MSTEELE Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:34 am

I realize this is not quite the same scenario but I recently was ready to make an offer on an Ebay bin that the guy has listed for $1700. I was going to offer $1200 but the day I was set to make the offer, the guy pulled it off ebay. So I was thinking a deal was happening off ebay.

Lo and behold the guy actually consigned the item to Brent at Prewar auctions on Ebay. I won the auction for several hundred less then my offer would have been Very Happy .

Last edited by MSTEELE on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spell)
MSTEELE
MSTEELE
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by smtjoy Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:58 pm

On cards I really want and that never show up on ebay, I usually send an off line offer just to see what the seller will do. Most state they are letting the auction run fully but here and there I get one who says they will sell offline and I have made a few purchases this way and still lost others from higher offline offers. In any case I wanted to know what I was up against and sending the offer helps me.
smtjoy
smtjoy
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down