Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too many auctions?

4 posters

Go down

Too many auctions? Empty Too many auctions?

Post by BigGuy219 Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:14 pm

Does it seem like there are more and more auction houses popping up lately? And that they seem to be running their auctions concurrently against one another?

As of this post I'm bidding on items in three seperate auctions.

I don't remember it being like this, but I do live in Florida and it's hot all the time.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Too many auctions? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Too many auctions? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Too many auctions? Empty Re: Too many auctions?

Post by cccc Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:13 am

i think with ebay fees being so high the big sellers figure it's probably cheaper just to open up their own auction site. simple auction has a pretty easy format, they have the client list from all the feedback bidders, do a little advertising and you're probably shaving 5-6% off the fees?
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Too many auctions? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Too many auctions? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:30 am

REA will be up and live in about week so you can add another auction to your active list.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Too many auctions? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Too many auctions? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spacktrack Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:03 am

As the newest entrant into the auction arena, I can understand how it may be a bit overwhelming to manage all the auctions already out there. The demand, however, for reliable venues to buy and sell cards appears to be there as more and more people leave eBay.

I use AuctionReport.com as a resource to manage the start and end times of many of the auctions out there. They have a concise calendar of important dates that makes it easy to see what's going on. The math dictates that there will always be multiple auctions running at the same time, but Auction Report makes it manageable.

Shameless plug for anyone who hasn't seen, but my site -- www.sterlingsportsauctions.com -- is up and running with the first auction about a month away.

Brian

spacktrack
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Too many auctions? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Too many auctions? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.sterlingsportsauctions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:46 am

good luck brian! if you and another auction offer the same item i'll go with you (until your price eclipses the other guy at least) Smile
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Too many auctions? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Too many auctions? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:31 pm

Wow. It seems like every time I go to my mailbox there is another auction catalogue wedged in there. Insanely busy auction schedule.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down