Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legendary Auctions

+4
sando69
bowlingshoeguy
sabrjay
pro9
8 posters

Go down

Legendary Auctions Empty Legendary Auctions

Post by pro9 Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:24 am

http://legendaryauctions.com/

As per the press release, Doug, Mark and Ron have purchased the assets of Mastro Auctions and will be continuing the business under the new name of Legendary Auctions.

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
Legendary Auctions Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Legendary Auctions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Legendary Auctions Empty Re: Legendary Auctions

Post by sabrjay Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:59 am

I wonder, is this move done to protect future assets from any liability that Mastro might incur?

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Legendary Auctions Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Legendary Auctions Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:51 am

Why would changing the name and putting different names in the forefront change anything?

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Legendary Auctions Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Legendary Auctions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sando69 Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:06 am

lee-
what about the possibility that in addition to the NAME, the INDIVIDUAL will also be excluded from the "new" business?

sando69
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Legendary Auctions Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Legendary Auctions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:46 pm

This move gives the appearance that they are trying to distance themselves from certain people that they used to work with. Given that Doug Allen was at the helm when most of their problems surfaced, I'd have to wonder just how much they cleaned up their act.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Legendary Auctions Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Legendary Auctions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:59 pm

another change is the bp is down to 17.5%
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Legendary Auctions Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Legendary Auctions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Legendary Auctions Empty well...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:04 am

does that mean i get 2.5% back from my purchase last month?

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Legendary Auctions Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Legendary Auctions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:25 am

That would be interesting to now if Mastro is still involved. I have met Doug and he seemed like a nice guy but I have to agree with Jay and his comments.

I can't believe I just agreed with Jay. slap face

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Legendary Auctions Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Legendary Auctions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:26 pm

There was a press release stating that Mastro has nothing to do with LA. Mastro said he looks forward to some time away from the hobby.

There are more problems at Mastro than just Mastro and my gut says some of them moved to LA with its creation.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by psacollector Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:05 am

Isn't Legendary going to have an auction in April? It will be interesting to see Legendary try to go head to head with REA.

Jim Rivera cfc1909 wrote:another change is the bp is down to 17.5%

They raised it back up to 20%, which is the highest buyer fee in the business.
Buyer's Premium:

Please remember there is a 20% Buyer's Premium. For example, should you win a lot for $1000, your actual cost will be $1200 (plus shipping, insurance and tax, if applicable).
psacollector
psacollector
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Legendary Auctions Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Legendary Auctions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:26 pm

Wes, can we get you to chime in here about your experience with Legendary?

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:03 pm

sabrjay wrote:Wes, can we get you to chime in here about your experience with Legendary?

Jay

it's already all right

http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/thread/1239883470/last-1240431748/Legendary+Auctions.+Should+I+call+the+police+on+them+about+having+possible+stolen+material

Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Legendary Auctions Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Legendary Auctions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:25 pm

I'd rather not wade through that mess and Wes' experience should be in a place where it's not lost among hundreds of other posts. This board was founded to help warn people about potential problems in the hobby because we felt they weren't be addressed properly else where. We also wanted to return the focus to cards and the hobby.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:11 pm

Well, I thought it was already pretty well covered over there and also pretty easy to find, but yeah, I'm all for returning the focus to cards.
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Legendary Auctions Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Legendary Auctions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by psacollector Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:05 pm

Hi Jay,

Here is my story:

I sent some cards to Mastro for their April auction. In late February, some people posted on the N54 about not being paid for the December Mastro auction. Others people posted about receiving bounced checks. There were rumors about restructuring and investigations, so I became a little concerned.

Around this time, Mastro sent out a mass email saying that outstanding consignments would be auctioned by the newly formed Legendary Auction. I re-read my Mastro contract and noted there was no provision for assignment or transfer of consignments, so I asked to have my cards returned to me. I spoke to Doug Allen and received an email from Doug that said they were unwilling to do this. So we just left things as such, and currently I have two consignment lots in the April Legendary auction.

I posted on the N54 to answer a few questions posed in that long thread, but it is really not a big deal. If I get paid in a timely manner, then all is well.

Wes
psacollector
psacollector
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Legendary Auctions Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Legendary Auctions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:45 pm

just got to re-read this thread and I did not know they raised the bp. It will be interesting to see where Legendary will be in 1 to 2 years. I spoke to Doug at Valley Forge and all seemd good. Then when I got home I read the 54 thread -not so good. I hope everybody gets their money.

This first auction has some great stuff and I hope all is good.
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Legendary Auctions Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Legendary Auctions Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:39 pm

Wes, The thing that intrigued me the most about your posts in the other thread was Doug saying that the LA auction was in conjunction with Mastro. Did I read that part right? If so, then how in the world given that all the principles except MAstro are still there and they are still owned by the same company, can they claim to be something completely new? Smells more like they are literally covering their assets due to the FBI investigation.

I'm sure they've worked out all the legal details to protect themselves from that, but on surface, it sure doesn't seem like anything has changed other than the name and the fact that Bill Mastro is no longer involved.

Hope your cards do well, but I have less faith in LA/Mastro every time I read something about them.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by psacollector Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:16 pm

I didn't really know what held "in conjunction with Legendary Auction" meant either. I just cut and paste that part from an email that I received from Doug.
psacollector
psacollector
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down