Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T206 Snodgrass Error

4 posters

Go down

T206 Snodgrass Error Empty T206 Snodgrass Error

Post by crazylocomerk Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:05 am

Is this a legit error? Or are all of them the work of 1 counterfeiter?

Huggins and Scott has one in their auction:

http://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/showitem.pl?itemid=100414&catid=

To me this card looks really bad. If you look at the enlarged scan, it looks like the "S" was erased except for the two dots.

What are your thoughts?
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
T206 Snodgrass Error Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100T206 Snodgrass Error Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

T206 Snodgrass Error Empty Re: T206 Snodgrass Error

Post by crazylocomerk Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:07 am

It also looks like everyone is trying to unload their T206 Bud Sharpe (Shappe) errors. H&S has one and so does another auction house.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
T206 Snodgrass Error Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100T206 Snodgrass Error Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:13 am

Actually, from what I know, that is how a legit Nodgrass should look. All the fakes have the entire S removed.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
T206 Snodgrass Error Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100T206 Snodgrass Error Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:18 am

sabrjay wrote:Actually, from what I know, that is how a legit Nodgrass should look. All the fakes have the entire S removed.

Jay

Thanks you Professional Derelict beer

I didn't know that. These kinds of errors scare me, and I would never bid on them,
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by CobbSpikedMe Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:06 am

Eric,

I agree. I see these and printing plate problems and not errors of any kind. I find it a bit funny that people pay so much for these things. Especially since I think Kevin could make several of them that no grader could tell apart from an authentic one if he really tried. And he's most definately not the only person who can.

Just my 2cents.

AndyH
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
T206 Snodgrass Error Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100T206 Snodgrass Error Right_bar_bleue

http://forloveofthecards.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:15 pm

CobbSpikedMe wrote:Eric,

I agree. I see these and printing plate problems and not errors of any kind. I find it a bit funny that people pay so much for these things. Especially since I think Kevin could make several of them that no grader could tell apart from an authentic one if he really tried. And he's most definately not the only person who can.

Just my 2cents.

AndyH

That's exactly the reason, that I avoid these.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by onlychild Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:19 pm

Especially since I think Kevin could make several of them that no
grader could tell apart from an authentic one if he really tried.

I've already done a few, probably one of each at least. I don't even try to submit these for grades (the hobby should thank me Wink ) but instead show them to Mike Baker in person. He gives me an honest opinion. So far all have passed and each would have graded. It's actually very time consuming to accomplish. I would NEVER recommend the purchase of one, legit or not.

As an example, here is a close up pick of my Shappe and how it compares to one said to be real (borrowed from T206 site). As I've mentioned before, my Mitchell "Toront" error is even better.

T206 Snodgrass Error Shappe10

T206 Snodgrass Error Shappe11

Collectors can accuse, blame, doubt and beat me all they want but examples such as these have saved many serious high-end collectors from making some very big mistakes. If just one person avoided buying an altered card because of something I have made or shown, then I've done my duty for the hobby.

All Star

Trader Points :
T206 Snodgrass Error Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100T206 Snodgrass Error Right_bar_bleue

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:03 pm

Collectors can accuse, blame, doubt and beat me all they want but examples such as these have saved many serious high-end collectors from making some very big mistakes. If just one person avoided buying an altered card because of something I have made or shown, then I've done my duty for the hobby.

Kevin, this is exactly why you are considered such a valued member of this board and always appreciate your contributions.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
T206 Snodgrass Error Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100T206 Snodgrass Error Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:48 pm

I couldn't agree more with Jay's statement. Thank you Kevin, for your input on this thread. It is appreciated.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down