Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are there any free web hosting sites out there?

3 posters

Go down

Are there any free web hosting sites out there? Empty Are there any free web hosting sites out there?

Post by lamontcarter Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:00 am

Now that I have a decent scanner I'd like to find a website to host my T-206's. Can anyone recommend one? Are any of them free or relatively inexpensive?

Thanks.

Scott
lamontcarter
lamontcarter
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Are there any free web hosting sites out there? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Are there any free web hosting sites out there? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Are there any free web hosting sites out there? Empty Re: Are there any free web hosting sites out there?

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:09 am

lamontcarter wrote:Now that I have a decent scanner I'd like to find a website to host my T-206's. Can anyone recommend one? Are any of them free or relatively inexpensive?

Thanks.

Scott

Photobucket is what I use. Very easy and totally free. I love it. Here is an example of one of my folders:
https://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/crazylocomerk3/Trade%20Bait%20for%20T216s/
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Are there any free web hosting sites out there? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Are there any free web hosting sites out there? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Are there any free web hosting sites out there? Empty Re: Are there any free web hosting sites out there?

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:11 am

It will automatically resize your pics also. And you can modify them once in the folder with a bunch of options.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Are there any free web hosting sites out there? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Are there any free web hosting sites out there? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by lamontcarter Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:23 am

Thanks Eric.

I signed up and tried to upload an image and it says "upload failed."

Any idea what I am doing wrong? insane
lamontcarter
lamontcarter
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Are there any free web hosting sites out there? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Are there any free web hosting sites out there? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:27 am

I agree with Eric that photobucket is the way to go if "for free" is a priority. Maybe check out this page if you're having initial problems.

One step up from that is Imageevent, which is the same concept but with a nicer, more customizable layout. It's $25/year which is a great deal I think. Many collectors use it, as I do for my collection.

Last edited by fisherboy7 on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Are there any free web hosting sites out there? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Are there any free web hosting sites out there? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:29 am

lamontcarter wrote:Thanks Eric.

I signed up and tried to upload an image and it says "upload failed."

Any idea what I am doing wrong? insane

Scott...see if this helps:
http://photobucket.com/faq?catID=67&catSelected=f&topicID=637

or this:
http://photobucket.com/faq?catID=68
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:34 am

For me this is what I do:

Up at the top, next to the ad (for Nuvaring) it says Upload Images and Video, and you have the Choose files box. Click on that box.

Find your photos for upload. You can chose multiple photos by pressing the CTRL button to highlight multiple pics.

Then just click Open and it should upload them all.

My question to you is: How big are your files? If you are still having problems they may be too big and you might have to reduce the file size. I've never had this issue regardelss of how big my pics are. Photobucket automatically resizes everything.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by lamontcarter Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:49 am

Thanks guys....figured out how to upload them. I do have another question that doesn't seem to appear in the faq's or troubleshooing guides.

When I click on my album slatsko I expected it would take me to a page of my images but instead it takes me to the upload screen again with the images i have uploaded appearing at the bottom. in other words i expected it to take me to a page that looks like Eric's when i clicked on the album link he provided.

Any thoughts. I apologize in advance for the many questions and my overall ineptness.

Scott
lamontcarter
lamontcarter
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:02 am

Hey Scott....no problem at all. I'm just glad I could help.

Could you post a link of your album? That might help me answer your question.

My guess is that you have a subfolder within your Photobucket account.

Look to the left:
You'll see Where's this album

Under that you'll see subfolders. Mine says Trade Bait for T216s. If I click on that it will take me directly to my picture folder.

Last edited by crazylocomerk on Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by lamontcarter Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:04 am

Thanks Eric!

See if this works.

http://photobucket.com/slatsko
lamontcarter
lamontcarter
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:06 am

Looks great to me! It seems to be working just fine.

You have 5 T206's across and 4 rows on the first page.

2 total pages.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:08 am

Man, those are some good looking scans cheers

By the way you can change the background colors, you can have more pics per page, etc. At the top of your page where it says Welcome Slatsko, there is an "account options" tab.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:12 am

Wow Scott, great job getting everything scanned and set up on the new photobucket site so quickly.

Those scans look very crisp.

righton
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Are there any free web hosting sites out there? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Are there any free web hosting sites out there? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:13 am

Oh, I gotcha....If you log out of your account and you go to your pics, that Upload thing will be gone and you will just see the pics.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by lamontcarter Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:24 am

Thanks for the help my friend!
lamontcarter
lamontcarter
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:29 am

lamontcarter wrote:Thanks for the help my friend!

Anytime Bro.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down