Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1953 MICKEY MANTLE STAHL MEYER Same Card Two Different Sites

3 posters

Go down

1953 MICKEY MANTLE STAHL MEYER Same Card Two Different Sites Empty Re: 1953 MICKEY MANTLE STAHL MEYER Same Card Two Different Sites

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:35 am

My guess is the first link posted is a legit auction, not sure about the card though. I don't know a whole lot about the Stahl Meyer issue, but it looks ok. The seller has good feedback and a history of selling vintage cards.

As for the second link, I wouldn't trust ANYTHING coming from that sportlots.com website. This looks fishy. I'm thinking it's a stolen scan, and the winning bidder would receive a reprint that looks nothing the card pictured in the auction.

What do others think?
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
1953 MICKEY MANTLE STAHL MEYER Same Card Two Different Sites Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 1001953 MICKEY MANTLE STAHL MEYER Same Card Two Different Sites Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

1953 MICKEY MANTLE STAHL MEYER Same Card Two Different Sites Empty Re: 1953 MICKEY MANTLE STAHL MEYER Same Card Two Different Sites

Post by TheRiddler Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:53 am

Phoney #1:

Anytime that a seller contends that he is unsure regarding a card's authenticity, he is lying. He knows it to be a fake. It is his business to recognize the difference. And there is a huge price difference between real and fake cards. If it was real he would prove it by slabbing it, or providing a guarantee that it will grade.

Therefore it is fake.

Item specifics - Sports Trading Cards
Original/Reprint: Unknown

Phoney #2:

"THIS WILL BE SOLD AS A REPLICA SINCE I WASNT THE ORIGNAL OWNER"

Well gee, not being the original owner doesn't seem reason enough to list a card as "replica".
Since this is true, I can only assume that you are attempting to mislead the inexperienced buyer and therefore should suffer long and painfully.
It is wrong to sell fakes to those who expect real cards, eventhough they are (foolishly) looking for a bargain.
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
1953 MICKEY MANTLE STAHL MEYER Same Card Two Different Sites Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 1001953 MICKEY MANTLE STAHL MEYER Same Card Two Different Sites Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down