Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the heck is this card?

+4
sabrjay
scott elkins
bowlingshoeguy
fisherboy7
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What the heck is this card? - Page 2 Empty Re: What the heck is this card?

Post by sabrjay Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:09 pm

Dan, I've got to keep that hope alive that one of you two guys will eventually give up on the set and keep me in mind when you want to move the Bedient.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What the heck is this card? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What the heck is this card? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by phlflyer1 Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:38 pm

r337man wrote:I couldn't have done the avatar w/o you Ben! That J=K Wagner is as close to the T206 one that I will ever get. I have no extra J=K, I am working on the set as I acquired all of Pat Preece's in the Alpha deal. Sorry Jay, hey I think I can use that R337 you offered me, can you email me again? thanks
dan

And at least three of the ones you got from Patrick Preece used to be mine, Dano (Murray, Hofman and Criger). All of them were uncat. when I found them on eBay a couple of years back mislabeled as T206s.

Jay, I wish I could help you with the Bedient as I know you've been looking for one for a long time but I only have a single of each J=K type left. Davis (type I) and Carrigan (type II) and have never had the Bedient.

phlflyer1
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
What the heck is this card? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What the heck is this card? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:44 pm

Scott M. - if I get to go to the Philly show, I would love to meet up with you and Dan in person, as I have had a terrific time dealing with you two for years now. I would also be interested in meeting any other board members and some more people I have dealt with, but never met in person.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
What the heck is this card? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100What the heck is this card? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:46 pm

I should be game for that.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
What the heck is this card? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What the heck is this card? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:37 pm

I was contacted by an "old timer" with additional information and I would like to share it here: "I am a long-time collector who visits Network 54 occasionally and noticed your post on one of my favorite sets -- Orange-Bordered candy cards. Since I have a copy of the Niles you illustrated, I can confirm that the cardboard is consistent with other Orange-Borders in my collection and the back is the same shade of gray. Unless someone finds a complete box with Niles, we will never be sure that card was issued by the same firm, but there is sufficient evidence that that is the case. Besides the
cardboard consistency, rounded inner borders also are exhibited by Davis, Magee, McConnell and Steinfeldt in my collection and white highlights on the name are evident on Leach and Miller. Many of these cards also have a hint of background (stands, trees, buildings). The similarities between these divergent Orange-Borders to those generally accepted as part of the set are sufficient to make "same set" a logical conclusion -- size, blank back, orange borders, thin white inner border, hand-lettered name (usually last name only) and team affiliation generally accounted for only on the uniform. My guess would be a "second series" following the more common Cobbs, Wagners, Mathewsons, Planks, etc. Of course, a "knockoff" is possible, but that seems unlikely since most of the players depicted were "second tier." Why make a set of Doyles, Millers and McConnells with few ifany stars."
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
What the heck is this card? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What the heck is this card? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:09 pm

Thanks for the info, Dan.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
What the heck is this card? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100What the heck is this card? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2