Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show your card with color missing

3 posters

Go down

Show your card with color missing Empty Show your card with color missing

Post by onlychild Fri May 23, 2008 6:48 pm

Here is a T206 Goode card with the yellow ink missing. Difficult to tell since there seems to be yellowish highlights. My thought is that the light blue mixed with the pink..not sure tough to tell. It's compared to full color card scan I borrowed.

Show your card with color missing T206_g10Show your card with color missing Goode_10
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show your card with color missing Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Show your card with color missing Right_bar_bleue

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Show your card with color missing Empty Show your card with color missing

Post by shammus Sat May 24, 2008 4:29 am

Neat thread topic and I'll be happy to contribute to it as I have a few of these in my collection. Here's a scan of a group of them. A bit about each is below -

e90-3 Payne - typically a bright green. You occasionally see e90-3s that missed a color pass during the card's original print run. These "misprints" typically show up in a bright bluish color though. Not sure how this one turned up Lavender

e94 Doolan - Interesting card here. You can see that other colors were applied to the card so it is not a proof. But it missed whatever color the background was intended to be so it ended up without any color at all. While several "orange" e94s exist, this is the only "greyback" that has surfaced publically and is "known" within the hobby.

t210 orange borders - I threw a few of these from my collection in the scan. These are neat when you see them in person, they have neon orange borders instead of the typical fire-engine red.

e98 McGraw - you don't see many e98 color screw-ups but here is a subtle one. The players depicted in most e98s have a pinkish flesh color over the face. The McGraw on the left missed that color pass and his face came out blueish. You can easily see the difference when compared to the e98 McGraw on the right.

Show your card with color missing Fullco10

Last edited by shammus on Sat May 24, 2008 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

shammus
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Show your card with color missing Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Show your card with color missing Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Show your card with color missing Empty Re: Show your card with color missing

Post by onlychild Sat May 24, 2008 6:25 am

Not pre-war but very rare...1959 Banks yellowless and even more rare, a 1971 yellowless Garvey:

Show your card with color missing 1959ba10Show your card with color missing 1971ga10
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show your card with color missing Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Show your card with color missing Right_bar_bleue

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sat May 24, 2008 6:19 pm

my t207 olson before makeup!

Show your card with color missing Th_ols11 Laughing
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Show your card with color missing Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Show your card with color missing Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down