Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show us the #1 card in your collection

+20
vwtdi
TheRiddler
slidekellyslide
cmoking
mwieder
Square_Frame_Ramly
Jim Rivera cfc1909
hrbaker
hanksta
bowlingshoeguy
3-2-count
terjung
crazylocomerk
v117collector
sabrjay
fisherboy7
TheBig6
psacollector
zouraspm
the-illini
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Show us the #1 card in your collection Empty Show us the #1 card in your collection

Post by the-illini Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:52 pm

Thought this might be a fun thread - show us the #1 card in your collection. Doesn't have to be the most valuable one either - just the card you consider your "top card" and why.

Here is mine - combines three of my favorite things in a card - 19th century player, HOFer, and an ultra-scarce set:

Show us the #1 card in your collection Lot5-l12
the-illini
the-illini
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue11 / 10011 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/crb972

Back to top Go down

Show us the #1 card in your collection Empty Re: Show us the #1 card in your collection

Post by zouraspm Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:37 pm

If you don't mind my asking, on your Welch card, which is very nice btw--can you tell me what's going on on the right side of the card? Is it supposed to be blackened? I've seen it before and wondered.

Thanks, Pete
zouraspm
zouraspm
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Show us the #1 card in your collection Empty Re: Show us the #1 card in your collection

Post by the-illini Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:46 pm

Not really sure what it is Pete. Its not ink or anything; I used to think it was mold that had long since died? I have never really seen anything like it on a card before though. Whatever it is, its not spreading, thankfully.

Its too bad it is there, really - it would easily be an SGC 50 without it - card has no issues outside of the gunk...
the-illini
the-illini
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue11 / 10011 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/crb972

Back to top Go down

Post by psacollector Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:22 pm

That is an awesome N403 Welch!
psacollector
psacollector
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:26 pm

Great Yum Yum!
I guess if your nickname is "King" you deserve top status
Show us the #1 card in your collection Kelly3
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Show us the #1 card in your collection Empty Good thread...

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:33 pm

Chris, that's one heck of a Yum Yum Welch. I've also wondered about the stuff on the right side of the card. Might be removed relatively easily? No idea, but personally I wouldn't have the guts to do something of that nature. Some would though. Either way, you have a monster 19th century card right there.

As for my #1 card, it came down to a choice of three. But I went with my E107 Joss - one of my favorite players from one of my favorite sets. And despite the low technical grade, I think it looks pretty good. I don't see this guy going anywhere anytime soon, unless of course someone beats down my door offering a Kalamazoo Bats Harry Wright for trade or something like that. Razz

Show us the #1 card in your collection E107%20Joss_1
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:15 pm

Anyone that knows me know what card I will pick. All through the 80s I wanted the m101-5 Thorpe but was never able to find one at a price that was reasonable. I was lucky enough 6 years ago to get one and it will never leave my collection.

Show us the #1 card in your collection Thorpe
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Show us the #1 card in your collection Empty I've seen much worse SGC40's

Post by v117collector Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:16 pm

Favorite card, not happy with the grade though! If graded accurately without bias (2.5 GAI crossover) ~ should acquire a PSA 2.5 if not 3.

Hopefully soon!
Show us the #1 card in your collection DSC00210Show us the #1 card in your collection DSC00209
v117collector
v117collector
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

http://tinyurl.com/58gpxz

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:12 am

Here is my favorite. One of the newest acquisitions, and I'll show it off any chance I get.

T-206 Home Run Baker with a Broadleaf 460 back. I've wanted a Broadleaf 460 back since I got into vintage baseball cards (a little over 2 years now, since I started in January 2007). One of only 2 Baker's with this back known to exist and the highest graded. Plus Broadleaf 460's are rarer than a T-206 Wagner.

Show us the #1 card in your collection 1909-11T-206BakerHomeRunBroadleaf46
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:51 am

Love the Joss E107, Ben. Great eye appeal. It easily beats mine.
As far as my cornerstone card, it has to be the E107 Young, but I've posted it too many times already.

Brian
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:21 am

To most this will seem like your everyday Larry Mclean Caramel card. To the ones familiar with the E90-1 set though, you know just how rare this one is in this condition. Currently the highest graded by Sgc. Easily my most favorite.
Just finding one is an adventure.
Tony A.

Show us the #1 card in your collection 1sgc5013 Show us the #1 card in your collection 1sgc5014
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:32 am

Not easy to chose but I think I have to go with the N43 Ryan. I always thought that it was odd to have a flower in it. Always wanted a N29 and was surprised to pick up the N43 a week later. My close second is my T3 Cobb, a card I never thought I would own.

Show us the #1 card in your collection N43jam11

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:11 pm

This is probably my favorite, took a while to get it but he kind of has that Thorpe look going on...

Show us the #1 card in your collection Zeenutcravath
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Show us the #1 card in your collection Empty This has been my favorite for a while now

Post by hrbaker Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:53 pm

Show us the #1 card in your collection PlankRosePC
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:23 pm

It is hard to pick one-this will do for today
Show us the #1 card in your collection Jossb10
Show us the #1 card in your collection Joss10
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:26 pm

Show us the #1 card in your collection Joss11
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Show us the #1 card in your collection Empty Did ...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:29 pm

some investigating and found out this N173 Lauer is a new discovery and could be a possible proof. I sent it in to SGC and it got a AUT. A very knowledgeable collector told me it may be a proof but probably a trimmed N173. The thing is, the bottom "Old Judge" is trimmed off but the corners match the top for rounding. Oh well, although being one of my favorite cards i may be listing it on Ebay since i need the $.

Show us the #1 card in your collection N173la11
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:52 am

That Rose Postcard is awesome. That is one issue I have not added to my collected that I have always wanted to.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by mwieder Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:04 pm

Square_Frame_Ramly wrote:some investigating and found out this N173 Lauer is a new discovery and could be a possible proof. I sent it in to SGC and it got a AUT. A very knowledgeable collector told me it may be a proof but probably a trimmed N173. The thing is, the bottom "Old Judge" is trimmed off but the corners match the top for rounding. Oh well, although being one of my favorite cards i may be listing it on Ebay since i need the $.

Mark - it looks trimmed and exactly like the N173 Brouthers that just sold in Goodwin. It was probably cut long ago, which explains why the wear is even on all 4 corners.

mwieder
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

http://picasaweb.google.com/mwieder/

Back to top Go down

Show us the #1 card in your collection Empty Yeah...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:58 pm

That is what i figured....

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cmoking Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:56 am

Show us the #1 card in your collection GimbelsRuthBackShow us the #1 card in your collection 1916M01-4Gimbels151BabeRuthSGC60

cmoking
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by mwieder Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:17 pm

King - that is spectacular!

mwieder
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

http://picasaweb.google.com/mwieder/

Back to top Go down

Post by slidekellyslide Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:39 pm

I have three...these were given to me when I was a kid by my dad who passed away in 1991. They were my first ever prewar cards. He gave me the advice to stop collecting new cards and go after the old stuff. He wasn't even a baseball card collector, but he could see what I couldn't. I really didn't take him up on his advice until much later, but I wish I had.

1887 Old Judge (N172)cards
slidekellyslide
slidekellyslide
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

http://www.freewebs.com/nebraskadiamonds/

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:40 pm

very cool. I assume your dad was a baseball fan too and knew who Brouthers was.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by slidekellyslide Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:37 am

My dad had no idea who Brouthers was...he was not a baseball fan either. He was an antique collector though and he appreciated all things "old". I remember getting out my Sport Americana guide and seeing that Brouthers was worth more than the common price and in those pre-internet days I did not know he was a Hall of Famer until I was looking through a book in the library about the Hall of Fame.
slidekellyslide
slidekellyslide
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection Right_bar_bleue

http://www.freewebs.com/nebraskadiamonds/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next