Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else collect other sports cards?

+2
yawie99
hanksta
6 posters

Go down

Anyone else collect other sports cards? Empty Anyone else collect other sports cards?

Post by hanksta Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:32 pm

Does anyone else here collect other sports cards?

Last year I started picking up soccer/futbol/football cards, most of them are cigarette or tea cards from the UK. The card below would probably be the T206 of football cards...I'm not sure why it's only graded a 60, but SGC has been very nice about grading all these cards I find.

I will post a few of the e107's of the soccer card world I just received back from SGC not too long ago.

sdbh

Anyone else collect other sports cards? Footballer
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Anyone else collect other sports cards? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Anyone else collect other sports cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone else collect other sports cards? Empty Re: Anyone else collect other sports cards?

Post by yawie99 Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:00 pm

That card is awesome. I probably follow the EPL more than any other league nowadays and have been wanting to jump into vintage football, but don't really know much about the cards. As it is, I still collect a bit of vintage hockey, but nothing like I used to.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Anyone else collect other sports cards? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Anyone else collect other sports cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Anyone else collect other sports cards? Empty Re: Anyone else collect other sports cards?

Post by scott elkins Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:10 pm

Sean, that is a really nice looking card!

While I don't have the large FB card collection I once had, I do have some boxing cards - mostly Abe Attell's (since he is linked with the Black Sox). Probably my favorite card, other than Vintage Baseball, is my 1951 Topps Ringside Marciano Rookie.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Anyone else collect other sports cards? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Anyone else collect other sports cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:05 am

Is that an American Football player or a European football player? I see the tobacco company says London. Did they have American Football over there at hat time? scratch

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Anyone else collect other sports cards? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Anyone else collect other sports cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:10 am

I used to have nice little collection of foreign sports cards in the 80s. Canadah doesn't count, You guys merely a territory of the US Razz The best card was probably a card I had of Oscar Schmidt with Italian League team. I still have that card.

This one is my favorite. It was issued in Germany for the 1936 Olympics

Anyone else collect other sports cards? Goalie

How can you not love a goalie that wear glasses? 8)

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Anyone else collect other sports cards? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Anyone else collect other sports cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:45 am

I collected hockey extensively as a young kid through my teen years (pre and postwar) and have dabbled in boxing, lacrosse, and various non-sports cards as well. Here are a few.

1911 Scissors Boxing (have approx 3/4 of the set):
Anyone else collect other sports cards? Johnson2Anyone else collect other sports cards? Scissorsb

I know you said 'sports cards' in your thread title, but these non sports cards are nice looking too.

1911 T68 Heroes of History - my favorite non-sports set (have 15 cards or so):
Anyone else collect other sports cards? T68-2

1930's Fleer "Cops and Robbers Gum" (my only example):
Anyone else collect other sports cards? Shiftysam
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Anyone else collect other sports cards? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Anyone else collect other sports cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down