Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Do You Collect??

5 posters

Go down

How Do You Collect?? Empty How Do You Collect??

Post by chefmikeg Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:21 pm

Just curious, but I was wondering if the majority of you buy cards to build a collection or do you obtain your cards to use as "trade bait" to get the next best card?? I, for instance, collect my cards so that I can have a room where I can display my collection. I too, probably like most of you, have a safe where I keep some cards. But I also like to show them off too. What about you?? How do you collect??
chefmikeg
chefmikeg
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
How Do You Collect?? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How Do You Collect?? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

How Do You Collect?? Empty Re: How Do You Collect??

Post by scott elkins Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:29 pm

I collect about the same way. My "better" cards are in my safes. I finally got around to seperating my cards recently and plan on doing some displays with my Oberlin T206's and Hindu Southern Leaguers.

My collecting tastes change about every year, but I am content with my collection goals at the moment (collecting T206's by backs). snooze

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
How Do You Collect?? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100How Do You Collect?? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:30 pm

I buy strictly to add to my collection. The only way I end up with trade bait is when I buy a group of cards and there happens to be a player or players in there that I already have.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
How Do You Collect?? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100How Do You Collect?? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:37 pm

Missed answering part of your post. I've always been a collector that believes in showing and displaying my collection. I figure, what's the point in owning something if it's going to be locked away where no one can see it. I got a nice fire and water proof safe from my mom for Christmas so I can keep my more valuable cards in there and still have ready access to them if I want to show them off.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
How Do You Collect?? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100How Do You Collect?? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:39 am

I collect according to the following criteria:

1. Rarity
2. Aesthetic appeal
3. Player

I always purchase cards with the intention of keeping them for good. But sometimes I'll trade if it brings in a card I like more, or if it brings another collector closer to their goals without disrupting my own. And sometimes I'll sell if I must, either to fund another purchase, or because I need the $ for boring stuff like rent and bills frustrated
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
How Do You Collect?? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100How Do You Collect?? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:25 am

I am assembling a group of cards selected to represent the history (primarilly baseball history) which has occurred since the formation of the National League. These consist mostly of cards without much value, but a bit of bulk. This bulk is displayed typically in raw card binder pages organized chronologically and located in binders.

A lot has happened since the formation of the National League. Persons including Buffalo Bill, Geronimo, Sitting Bull, Annie Oakley; complimented by Presidents, inventors, entertainers, and other personages have been represented on cards during the period in which they were active. I seek to correlate baseball and non-baseball history in annual presentation of cards which are contemporary. Subjects including WWII require a comparitive great level of effort, because much material is available, and a lot of it is interesting, important, or both.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
How Do You Collect?? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100How Do You Collect?? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down