Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the toughest Pacific Coast League issue?

Go down

What's the toughest Pacific Coast League issue? Empty What's the toughest Pacific Coast League issue?

Post by Z-NUT on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:44 pm

I imagine that Western Playgrounds, Oakland Oak team Issues, and T4's would be in the discussion. What do you think is the rarest?

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
What's the toughest Pacific Coast League issue? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What's the toughest Pacific Coast League issue? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What's the toughest Pacific Coast League issue? Empty Re: What's the toughest Pacific Coast League issue?

Post by seablaster on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:31 pm

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought Western Playground.

I think I've seen a handful of T4s over the years.
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
What's the toughest Pacific Coast League issue? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What's the toughest Pacific Coast League issue? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What's the toughest Pacific Coast League issue? Empty Re: What's the toughest Pacific Coast League issue?

Post by Z-NUT on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:49 pm

Yeah, Western Playground is near the top of my list. T4's are tough, but they at least pop up from time to time. There are a few on EBay for sale right now in fact.

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
What's the toughest Pacific Coast League issue? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What's the toughest Pacific Coast League issue? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by seablaster on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:58 pm

Are you looking for a specific player or a team type card Adam?
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
What's the toughest Pacific Coast League issue? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What's the toughest Pacific Coast League issue? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:15 am

finding a type, WP is probably tougher but if you want a certain player, T4 is by far tougher. Much larger set.

I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. When I do this at home I get arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What's the toughest Pacific Coast League issue? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What's the toughest Pacific Coast League issue? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-NUT on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:48 pm

Not in the hunt for anything, just curious what folks think.

Jay - I'm inclined to agree with you. How many examples of each T4 even exist? Like with w600, less popular players may be unique or close to it.

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by glenv on Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:05 pm

Old Judge PCL cards are near-impossible to find.
Not pre-war, but the Remar Team cards would be high on the list.
For a pure pre-war PCL issue, I'd put the E221 Bishop & Co Team cards way up there.

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by seablaster on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:33 pm

I've seen 3 different copies of the T4 Buck Weaver.

I think it would be difficult to hazard a guess, but I don't see there being over 7-8 examples of any player in that set.
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:29 am

And the only reason you see Buck Weaver come up so often is because it is a sellable player.

I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. When I do this at home I get arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What's the toughest Pacific Coast League issue? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What's the toughest Pacific Coast League issue? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-NUT on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:43 pm

Is it possible that each Old Judge California League player is unique?

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum