Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So long Mr Thorpe

4 posters

Go down

So long Mr Thorpe Empty So long Mr Thorpe

Post by sabrjay Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:54 pm

I closed the deal today for sale of my Thorpe card. It's kind of a bitter sweet moment in my life. I just sold the single most important card in my baseball card collection. It was a card I thought I would never part, but I knew some day I probably would. The m101-5 Thorpe had been a dream card of mine since I first started collecting vintage cards in 1980. I finally acquired one in 2002 and has been my pride and joy since then.

Things have changed and while I treasure the card, there are other things I want to do in my life that are more important than owning that card and the money generated from its sale will help make those things happen.

So long Mr Thorpe, you will be missed

So long Mr Thorpe Thorpe
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
So long Mr Thorpe Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100So long Mr Thorpe Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

So long Mr Thorpe Empty Re: So long Mr Thorpe

Post by ullmandds Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:05 pm

While a rare and desirable card...I always thought it was a goofy pose...bye bye Jimmy!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
So long Mr Thorpe Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100So long Mr Thorpe Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:33 pm

Mr Thorpe takes offense I believe he is threatening to beat you with his bat mallet
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
So long Mr Thorpe Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100So long Mr Thorpe Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by nolemmings Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:24 pm

I thought you did very well with it Jay. I believe that's the most ever paid for a Thorpe F&B.

I know it hurts-- I've been hemorrhaging m101-6s this year to make ends meet. Hopefully your Thorpe $$$ are targeted toward something fun and/or meaningful.
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:55 pm

I got the price I wanted. If I didn't, it would not have sold. I'll be using some of the proceeds to pay for a belated honeymoon for Mona and I to Venice, Italy.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by nolemmings Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:01 pm

Great, both fun and meaningful. Buon Viaggio!!
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:51 pm

sabrjay wrote:I closed the deal today for sale of my Thorpe card. It's kind of a bitter sweet moment in my life. I just sold the single most important card in my baseball card collection. It was a card I thought I would never part, but I knew some day I probably would. The m101-5 Thorpe had been a dream card of mine since I first started collecting vintage cards in 1980. I finally acquired one in 2002 and has been my pride and joy since then.

Things have changed and while I treasure the card, there are other things I want to do in my life that are more important than owning that card and the money generated from its sale will help make those things happen.

So long Mr Thorpe, you will be missed

So long Mr Thorpe Thorpe

Good call, I have been going through the same process of selling my collection.  Almost done.  I have never been to Venice, but someone I talked to who is extensively travelled told me that it is far and away the most beautiful city in the world.  Taking a belated honeymoon sounds wise.  It beats staring at Mr. Thorpe's crotch all day long.  The memories of Venice will be irreplaceable.  Enjoy wave
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
So long Mr Thorpe Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100So long Mr Thorpe Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:15 pm

I've been to Venice before. I've been to over 40 different countries and it is easily the most romantic city I've been to. Even a friend of mine who has been over 100 countries and is currently on his Antarctic cruise/kayaking trip agrees that Venice is by far the most romantic city in the world. So it's a no brainer as to where I would take Mona. WE will also head on up to Austria. One of two countries she has really wanted to visit
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:39 pm

The only thing I will ask is could you please post some photos, if you are comfortable with it, when you get back because I've never been to either of those places.  I'm happy for you, and hope you have a great trip.  Sounds terrific!  

wave
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
So long Mr Thorpe Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100So long Mr Thorpe Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:20 am

The trip isn't happening very soon. Maybe in a year. I do have photos from my first visit that I will post tomorrow.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down