Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long has it been since you've gone a week without

5 posters

Go down

How long has it been since you've gone a week without Empty How long has it been since you've gone a week without

Post by ItsOnlyGil Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:04 pm

checking any auction for cards? Two weeks?
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
How long has it been since you've gone a week without Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100How long has it been since you've gone a week without Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

How long has it been since you've gone a week without Empty Re: How long has it been since you've gone a week without

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:48 pm

Over the past year I think I must have gone a week without checking auctions. Two weeks? It has been a while. I check ebay far less frequently than I used to. Bargains are fewer and farther between than they were even a few years ago. Seems like no stone goes unturned there these days, even in the most obscure categories.

By the way - that's a GREAT choice of avatar, Gil. Tobin litho, right? Which player?
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
How long has it been since you've gone a week without Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100How long has it been since you've gone a week without Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

How long has it been since you've gone a week without Empty Re: How long has it been since you've gone a week without

Post by ItsOnlyGil Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:59 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Baseball-1880s-Victorian-Trade-Card-Anxious-Moment_W0QQitemZ320209436369QQihZ011QQcategoryZ802QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks Ben, I think that it captures the essence of the laid back, relaxed, low key demeanor I like to convey.
Gil Very Happy
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
How long has it been since you've gone a week without Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100How long has it been since you've gone a week without Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:46 pm

Gil, it is hard for me to go one day without searching auctions for cards. You'll never catch me snoozing by going a week snooze !

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
How long has it been since you've gone a week without Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100How long has it been since you've gone a week without Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:54 pm

I hadn't looked at eBay for over 6 months until this past weekend. I almost forgot what my password was, it had been so long. When I don't have money to spend on cards, I tend not to look at eBay.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
How long has it been since you've gone a week without Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100How long has it been since you've gone a week without Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:18 pm

ItsOnlyGil wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/Baseball-1880s-Victorian-Trade-Card-Anxious-Moment_W0QQitemZ320209436369QQihZ011QQcategoryZ802QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks Ben, I think that it captures the essence of the laid back, relaxed, low key demeanor I like to convey.
Gil Very Happy

Looks a lot like a Tobin Litho, but not quite. Still a great image. The Tobins actually have the player and team identified on the card. Here are a few:

Anson:
How long has it been since you've gone a week without 1887TobinLithoColor

Hines:
How long has it been since you've gone a week without Image684
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
How long has it been since you've gone a week without Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100How long has it been since you've gone a week without Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:05 am

Yes, they are quite similar. That is what drew me to it at first. Maybe the same artist.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:03 am

I thought the thread would be how long has it been since you went a week or 2 without buying. Very Happy You know we are addicts. Since I got on ebay in Oct. 2000 I think the only times I have gone over a week without looking at auctions was when I was on vacation. I have nothing better to do and it makes me a little money on the side, but that is getting tougher to do these days.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
How long has it been since you've gone a week without Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100How long has it been since you've gone a week without Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down