Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "Thread-Hijacking Thread"

+8
cccc
terjung
bowlingshoeguy
ullmandds
Square_Frame_Ramly
pariah1107
sabrjay
jbonie
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Empty Re: The "Thread-Hijacking Thread"

Post by JohnnyHarmonica Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:34 am

cccc wrote:the last few posts have been on-topic to each other...FAIL. anyways i do have a personal interest in this gov't shutdown thing. another personal interest of mine is leading my blind dog out into the backyard every morning.

LOL isn't that the ultimate derail ? How can the government shut down when they dont do anything now ? Seriously the nerve of these (*&b )(*&_9 MF*&^%*^%/cs(*&^(&*^. All they do is take take take take take take and do nothing but take take take take and now they are going to stop doing nothing and if they do we will actually be inconvienced way beyond the costant bs we already get. I think it's time for Jerry Springer to announce his run I know I would actually finally vote if he did and if it comes down to Obama or the brunette hotties it might be time to move to Canada.....................not taking any sides as they are both equally worthless in their own rights
JohnnyHarmonica
JohnnyHarmonica
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyHarmonica Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:38 am

ullmandds wrote:You guys can have your gin...and Demi...she looks like a mannequin to me...not my cup of tea!

That wouldn't be a problem at all, I feel that way about Pam Anderson but Demi, oh Demi ohh la la.............la bamba can't even finish a sentance thinking about her plastic or not, I know she got implants for that stripper movie she was in but other than that not sure how much work she has had done, she looks nothing like Cher that's for sure. Rip Sonny Bono !
JohnnyHarmonica
JohnnyHarmonica
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:58 am

If Republicans think that union pay and benefits are the root of all evil when it comes to budgets, then why don't they stand up, take a huge pay cut and give up their benefits and perks? It's a whole lot better than anything a union worker gets. Whatever happened to lead by example?

Speaking of unions, I hope football never restarts.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:59 am

I'm with you, Jay. That sport is now where boxing was in the early 20th Century... It will slowly meet its demise over the next 100 years.

The Bulls are my pick for the NBA title this year, though I hope for a good run by Melo and Amare.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:04 am

As Charles Bukowski would say, "it may be bareknuckle for nobodies buckle, but it's just too sweet for me. I will lose, and always bruise, and be blessed as thee."

No Supersonics, or Kurt Cobain... It's tough to be a fan.

pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:08 pm

Yeah, the heck with football.

When it comes down to the, politicians , sports players, unions....it's all about the MONEY!!!! Pretty sad... Surprised

"show me da money"----what movie is that from? question
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Pretty sure that was Jerry McGuire, who is not to be confused with Mark McGwire. I don't think that Jerry ever had to testify about steroid use. Any guesses on who the next "outing" for steroids will be?
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:55 pm

All the Yankees....
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:58 pm

The cows that provide the milk that players drink. Juice the cows. They pass it on to the players and no one is the wiser.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyHarmonica Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:13 pm

Square_Frame_Ramly wrote:Yeah, the heck with football.

When it comes down to the, politicians , sports players, unions....it's all about the MONEY!!!! Pretty sad... Surprised

"show me da money"----what movie is that from? question

Hmm " show me da money" hey I know I know, it was from way back in the day from the feel good movie of the summer, no the feel good movie of the year,
no the feel good movie of the decade, no the feel good movie of the century, actually the feel good movie of the millennium, yes it was 'Pretty Woman' !! And to quote Julia Roberts from her Academy acceptance speach for best actress " I'm so happy you liked the movie I was so excited when I read the script, you know, I just couldn't wait to spread my legs across Hollywood Blvd and have some rich handsome guy driving a jag pick me up and take me shopping on Rodeo Drive and hey, isn't that what being a woman is all about anyways ? Sucking and shopping ? And other than the creepy pet store guy who kept bringing gerbils on the set it was great working with Richard ! I'm just so happy, thanks to everyone in the Academy !!!!!!!!!!!"
Anyways, I hope next time I see the Vikings play they aren't based out of Los Angeles but agree football can take a Hike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh snap, crackle, pop !!
JohnnyHarmonica
JohnnyHarmonica
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:29 am

I was thinking Jerry Maguire on the "Show me the Money" quote
Speaking of Jerry Maguire, I think Tom Cruise peaked early in his career with Risky Business, Top Gun, Jerry Maquire & Rainman
The rest is pretty much trash IMO.
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:33 am

If the ever do a remake of the Wizard of Oz he can get a starring role as one of the Ompa-Lumpa's
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:20 pm

i heard oz was a great hbo show. unfortunately i never watched a minute of it...which reminds me i still need to get on the wire.

ps thread idea is the greatest ever jamie!
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:48 am

Greatest idea ever? I don't think so. That award goes to the thermos. It keeps the hot things hot, and the cold things cold... but how does it know?

Great chatting with you guys, I'll catch up now and again from Alaska. Where emails are delivered by sled dog... or driftnetter
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:12 pm

Speaking of Alaska...that Sarah Palin sure is stupid, huh?! Oh...did we already discuss this?!?! I agree...great idea for a thread...one of the best I can remember!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by LucasRiley Thu May 05, 2011 8:08 pm

ullmandds wrote:Speaking of Alaska...that Sarah Palin sure is stupid, huh?! Oh...did we already discuss this?!?! I agree...great idea for a thread...one of the best I can remember!

I would have to agree: I'm not exactly a veteran on this forum, but this would have to be one of the more creative thread ideas I've seen. Speaking of threads: Here's a great little article on how they sew baseballs together.

http://www.discovery.com/area/skinnyon/skinnyon970326/skinny1.html

See how I brought it back around to baseball? The circle is complete.
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu May 05, 2011 8:48 pm

yea to juice the ball up/down you just tighten or loosen up the stitching a bit.

not much of a juice guy, but it's 85 today in socal and i'm ready for a mango-strawberry smoothie.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Thu May 05, 2011 11:59 pm

I'm not so big on mango smoothies, but an Orange Julius might fit the bill.

Does anybody know why the orange bordered cards are cut so poorly. I know they were all hand cut, but is anybody else surprised at how rough cut they all seem to be?
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100The "Thread-Hijacking Thread" - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3