Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately?

5 posters

Go down

Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately? Empty Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately?

Post by ullmandds Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:25 pm

I rarely submit cards for grading unless I plan to sell them...which is rare...or if they are high value...of which I don't have very many...BUT...it seems to me...as of lately that I'm seeing SGC grades a bit higher than I've ever received. And I've only submitted to SGC...never PSA...has SGC started grading more like PSA?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately? Empty Re: Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately?

Post by TheBig6 Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:32 pm

My Observations is that while stilll more reliable than PSA on the grades I collect. I think they have lowered their standards some. I use to not have to worry to much about any back damage on an SGC 50 T206, but recently I have seen some with paperloss.
I ask more questions on PSA 4's than sgc 50 cards.
I actually feel more confident in BVG than PSA.
JMHO
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately? Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately? Empty Re: Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately?

Post by cccc Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:39 am

not going to say too much as people might be reading this board but i agree, i think i even started a thread here last year about it.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:30 am

I know a few people have mentioned on this board that SGC's standards seem to have slipped a bit.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by browncow75 Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:50 am

Do you think it could have something to do with the "shakeup" in their staff? Brian, and then Michael Goldberg both leaving/left?
browncow75
browncow75
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:45 pm

I was looking at the other boards...march aquisitions...and there were a bunch...not 1 or 2...but a bunch of cards...mostly t cards that were 40's and 50's...that looked like 30's to me!!! WTF...everytime I send cards in I get slammed...it's annoying!!! As I said I rarely sell...but when so much money is at stake...it's a bunch of crap to me...such a bunch of crap...a stupid game!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:46 pm

now I'm used to this from PSA...but from SGC this really pisses me off...no consistency with any TPG's anymore...as if there ever were!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:06 am

now grady's gone too. doesn't change or affect my relationship with SGC going forward tho.

i will say that the 04-05 grady cards were overly harsh, and now it's probably .5-1 grade too loose (in comparison with my own grading scale anyways)
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Is SGC lowering it's grading standards as of lately? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:06 pm

I agree...thing that sucks is that if I do ever sell any of these cards I've had graded...In order to maximize my return...I'll have to "play the game"...again!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down