Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Annual All-Time Greats championship

3 posters

Go down

2011 Annual All-Time Greats championship Empty 2011 Annual All-Time Greats championship

Post by sabrjay Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:51 am

It was a hard fought battle this season. Two time bridesmaid Dominican Canucks played the Chicago Elite Whales for the championship this year. The first 4 games were won by the road team. The Canucks won game 1 and 2 by scores of 3-2 and 5-2. The Whales came back the next games on the Canucks home turf and won 6-5 and 9-6. The Canucks finally pulled off the first home with a 6-1 victory. They wrapped up the title on the road winning the game 4-2 and series 4 games to 2 games.

Congrats to Ben Fisher and his Dominican Canucks on finally winning the big one.

Last edited by sabrjay on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
2011 Annual All-Time Greats championship Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 1002011 Annual All-Time Greats championship Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

2011 Annual All-Time Greats championship Empty Re: 2011 Annual All-Time Greats championship

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:25 pm

Thanks for running the league again this year Jay. It was fun strategizing the draft and lineups. My offense was solid this year but I think it was the starting pitching that won it for me. Grove, Vance, and Paige were phenomenal for me.

Any chance we could see boxscores from the World Series?
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
2011 Annual All-Time Greats championship Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 1002011 Annual All-Time Greats championship Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

2011 Annual All-Time Greats championship Empty Re: 2011 Annual All-Time Greats championship

Post by sabrjay Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:53 pm

Sadly I've never figured out how to produce post season box scores. I'll look into it some more but I've had this program for almost 10 years and can't figure out a way to publish them. I can see them when I run the program but cut/paste reproduces gibbersih. Sad

I went for a heavy base stealing team instead of power and it failed. I had the best pitching staff but even with 375 stolen bases, the lack of power to bring them in just didn't do the trick. I my team was caught stealing more often (175 times) than any other team had stolen base attempts. I thought that was pretty amazing.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
2011 Annual All-Time Greats championship Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 1002011 Annual All-Time Greats championship Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:36 am

Congrats Ben. I tried modern players with a balance of speed and power. It seemed to work out well but surprisingly only Rickey Henderson was on the leader board for steals.

Until next year,

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
2011 Annual All-Time Greats championship Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 1002011 Annual All-Time Greats championship Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:02 am

Just did a breakdown of the top 5 picks from each of 4 seasons we have run this.

First overall picks: Ruth (2), Walter Johnson, Ty Cobb
Second pick: Cobb (2), Ruth, Wagner
Third pick: Cy Young, Ted Williams, Wagner, Mathewson
Fourth pick: Ruth, Musial, Hornsby, Walter Johnson
Fifth pick: Josh Gibson, Cobb, Wagner, Gehrig

Ruth and Cobb seem to be the only consensus top 5. Wagner missed out this year slipping to the 6th pick, which was me, so I wasn't complaining.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down