Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
jebren72
milkit1
T206BrownHindu
kjjavic
sabrjay
9 posters

Go down

sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Empty sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league

Post by sabrjay Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:51 pm

The time has come for the annual All-Time Greats fantasy league. This year I am happy to announce that we are not only using the great players of MLBs but also the greats from the Negro Leagues. We also have a full database of stadiums from 1876-2004 so your team can play in any park during that time span. There is no limit on the number of teams that can play. The winner gets bragging rights for a year and nifty icon under their avatar.

For those that have not participated before, it's very simple. It is basically a draft league. You draft your 24 man roster and then submit your starting line up, pitching rotation and managerial preferences. The sim does all the work as far as playing out the season.

Sign ups will close Saturday Jan 30th and the draft will start as soon as I post the draft order on Sunday Jan 31st.

Full rules are below:

1. Player Pool

Participants may pick
players from any era of baseball history MLB or Negro Leagues. They must have been a
rookie prior to 1996 to be eligible and have played at least 10 years. Negro Leagues may have some more leeway in this. You can always PM me to see if a player is in the database.

2. Draft Order

The order of the draft will be randomly generated by the draft order generator website.Your
picks must be made in observance of the draft order. A new thread will
be posted for each round of the draft. The order of picks will be
clearly posted in these threads. The draft will be snake style, meaning
the first person to pick of the first round will pick last in the
second round. The last person to pick in the first round will get the
first pick in the second round. And so on.

3. Private Messaging

Extremely
important. Once you've made your pick, it is your responsibility to PM
the person with the next pick in the draft. Please remember to do this
each and every time to keep the draft moving!

4. Time Limit

There
is a time limit of 12 hours to make your pick. If you haven't made your
pick in that time, the next guy on the list is free to pick. You can
make up your missed pick whenever you are able to. If you are going to
be away for an extended period, please PM Jay or someone else you would like to make the pick for you a list of 4-5
players that you're targeting, and we will pick for you when it's your
turn.

5.Format of Player Selection

Selections will be made just like in a real draft. Here's the basic format:

Round 1 pick 6, (your team name) is happy to select: (player name) and (position they will occupy on your roster)
Then an explanation of why you made the pick.

Example:

With the 6th pick of the first round, fisherboy7 is happy to select Johnny Bench, catcher.

Team
fisherboy7 was looking to fill the catcher position with a leader and a
great hitter, and that's exactly what it got in Bench. Blah blah blah
so on and so forth.

6. Roster Thread

Everyone
will maintain their roster in a separate thread. On the rosters thread,
you will post your team name, staduim choice and you will add your players to the
empty roster spots as you move through the draft. Each roster will have
24 players. Here is a blank template, everyone can copy/paste theirs in
the same format if they wish. If you'd prefer to shorten your bench and
add a few extra pitchers, that's fine. Just make sure all your
offensive starters are in place. You don't need to have this exact
roster, but it usually works best. I wouldn't go with fewer than 8
pitchers, but you can run 10 or 11, but wouldn't go past that because
then you will hurt your offense, especially if have a lot injuries. To start at a position a player must have played at least 25% of his career games at that position.

C -
C -
1B -
2B -
3B -
SS -
OF -
OF -
OF -
----------(bench)
BN -
BN -
BN -
BN -
BN -
BN -

SP -
SP -
SP -
SP -
RP -
RP -
RP -
RP -
CL -

Any questions, please PM me or ask here
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kjjavic Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:01 pm

Count me in!
kjjavic
kjjavic
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by T206BrownHindu Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:50 am

I'm in!
T206BrownHindu
T206BrownHindu
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Empty Re: sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league

Post by milkit1 Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:07 pm

Ill sign up as well Smile
milkit1
milkit1
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Empty Re: sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league

Post by jebren72 Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:17 pm

I'm in also. Should I make Bo Diaz my first pick now or wait til later? lol

jebren72
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:39 am

This sounds interesting. I'll play.
As a side note ... have you considered a league where a person can only draft a player whose card they own?
Team Name: New York Gothams

Last edited by BigGuy219 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Team name)
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:59 pm

Count me in for this time around. sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league 182900
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:40 pm

Obviously, I'm in.

Team name: Oppie Dildocks

If those of you that have already signed can put a team name in the post too, that would be great. It'll be easier for me to set up the league and draft with that info.

Be sure to spread the word to your friends. The more the merrier sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league 517562

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by milkit1 Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:19 pm

My team will be The CHARLESton GEHRINGERS
milkit1
milkit1
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jebren72 Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:28 pm

I'll keep my team name of the Springfield Burning Bridges

jebren72
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:58 pm

Well, it wouldn't be right if I did not give this Sim a rematch.
At least I think that I fared well last time (I know that the Sim trounced my 19th century pitching staff the first time).
So, please sign us up, if there is still room:

Riddler's Medieval B.B.C.

Last edited by TheRiddler on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by milkit1 Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:59 pm

jebren72 wrote:I'll keep my team name of the Springfield Burning Bridges

You sure you dont want to be the Oil Can Boyds?
milkit1
milkit1
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:54 am

Oil Can Boydhouse

OIL Can Berd of Paridise

Oil Can Toikey Boid

Oil Can Bird

Last edited by TheRiddler on Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:42 am; edited 3 times in total
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:57 am

I have nothing better to do in my spare time, Count me in.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:23 pm

Sign ups will close out Sunday the 31st. I'll post the draft order on Monday. Timer for drafting won't start until the first pick is made.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by kjjavic Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:03 pm

Giving my football collecting focus, for some backwards reason I am going to go with another early pro football team name: Providence SteamRollers
kjjavic
kjjavic
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Sign ups close this Sunday. If you know anyone that's interested let them know. This is always a lot of fun and with addition of the Negro Leagues, it should make things very interesting.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 pm

JAy, Why don't you put up a list of confirmed participants?
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:10 pm

They are all right here on this thread. So far there are 9 confirmed.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:52 pm

Come on people. There has to be at least 2 more that want to play. There 10 teams right now and I'd like to at least have 12 teams so that I can run two 6 team divisions.

The more the merrier sign up 3rd annual All-Time Greats fantasy league Icon_jokercolor

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:14 pm

Can forum lurkers see this thread?

Is there any way that we can get an idea of how Negro Leaguers are rated by the Sim? For example: how does Paige stack up against Grove, or Gibson vs. Foxx.

http://www.baseballhappenings.net/2010/01/negro-leagues-baseball-museum.html
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:54 pm

The draft order is in. All posts for the league with be made in the fantasy sports are of the forum.

Here is the draft order. It is a rebounding draft with single picks for the first 15 rounds. Round 16-25 will be 2 at a time. When you draft, please post your team name along with who you pick.

1 - Chaleston Gehringers (milkit1)
2 - Riddler's Medevil Baseball Club (Gil/Riddler)
3 - Oppie Dildocks (sabrjay)
4 - BigGuy219 (need a team name)
5 - Chicago Whales (bowlingshoeguy)
6 - Domincan Canucks (fisherboy)
7 - Springfield Burning Bridges jebren72
8 - jrog007 (need team name)
9 - Providence Steamrollers (kjjavic)
10 - T206BrownHindu (need team name)
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:57 am

We've added one more team. Anyone else interested can join until the last pick of the first round is made.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jebren72 Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:29 am

Ugh I think I'm just going to sit this one out. I'll just do the 1884 draft. Maybe I'll do it next year. Thanks

jebren72
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Come on, you are the king of "I love to draft". This is the ultimate draft league. You start with a fresh slate each year and there are 25 roster spots. It's not too late to change your mind.

It's not too late for anyone else to join. We are still in the first round of the draft
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down