Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T206 Only?

3 posters

Go down

T206 Only? Empty T206 Only?

Post by sandmountainslim Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:40 am

I am seriously considering selling off what Goudey and Play Ball cards I have and concentrate on my beater T206 collecting.
I also have a few detached Hassan triples.

What say ye men? Gimme words of wisdom from long time collectors.
I KNOW I would lose money on the cards if I pawned them off but also I could use whatever I got out of them to buy MORE T206. I don't have alot of the cards just under a dozen.
Pondering what to do.
Wp
sandmountainslim
sandmountainslim
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
T206 Only? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100T206 Only? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

T206 Only? Empty Re: T206 Only?

Post by sabrjay Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:15 am

Concentrating on just the t206 set isn't a bad idea, especially on a budget. If you get to many projects going then you don't feel like you are making headway on any of them. It'll be a while before hit a point where are not picking up cards on a regular basis. At that point, then you might want another set to busy between t206 buys.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
T206 Only? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100T206 Only? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sandmountainslim Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:26 am

sabrjay wrote:Concentrating on just the t206 set isn't a bad idea, especially on a budget. If you get to many projects going then you don't feel like you are making headway on any of them. It'll be a while before hit a point where are not picking up cards on a regular basis. At that point, then you might want another set to busy between t206 buys.

True.
I have been collecting comics for over thirty years and just "branched out" into cards recently believing I would find a keen interest in ALL pre-war cards....but so far only the T206 set REALLY gets my interest. The Gaudey's etc are ok but they don't interest me the way the 206 does. I could buy a couple of the cards per week at the rate I am going for a while and not even bother with the other sets......question is should I keep the other cards I have just in case interest picks up in my head for them or sell 'em off.
Wp
sandmountainslim
sandmountainslim
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:27 am

Given the market, I saw just keep the other cards. That way you already have a start on other projects when the t206s slow down
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
T206 Only? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100T206 Only? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sandmountainslim Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:31 am

sabrjay wrote:Given the market, I saw just keep the other cards. That way you already have a start on other projects when the t206s slow down

True, I would be bound to lose money on em.
In this current downmarket it seems the White Border cards are the ONLY set that retains near all of it's mystique and value. People still knockin one another over to buy them from what I see.
Wp
sandmountainslim
sandmountainslim
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:59 am

The truly scarce late 19th/early 20th century stuff has retained its value pretty well, but you'll discover those things eventually as you continue to collect prewar. maybe someday you'll broaden your interests into other tobacco, caramel, bakery, and 19th century sets, maybe not. Focusing on the T206 quest exclusively for now is a good idea for now. It's a great set to collect with many many layers....learn about the players, backs, rarities, variations, etc....and the best part is that the cards are easy to find and pick up on a budget. Give it a year or two and you could make a serious dent in the set. Good luck!
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
T206 Only? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100T206 Only? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down