Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

staggering heritage auction...

+7
mwieder
Bosox Blair
jbonie
sabrjay
terjung
rholmes
cccc
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Empty Re: staggering heritage auction...

Post by Bosox Blair Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:44 pm

cccc wrote:blair,

with everything said, but in a vaccuum...it comes down to whether you want the speaker bad enough Laughing (imo it'll go lower than what it would've fetched a few years back...so you got that going).

LOL - I love your positive thinking...and I hope you are right!
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Empty Re: staggering heritage auction...

Post by sabrjay Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:02 am

I haven't looked at everything yet but some of those red border Colgans are pretty amazing. Those full red borders are thing of beauty.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Brian
thanks for sharing the 0% sellers fact-I thought Heritage would not do this but I guess with all the others doing it they had to change their policy on it.
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:49 pm

Jim Rivera cfc1909 wrote:Brian
thanks for sharing the 0% sellers fact-I thought Heritage would not do this but I guess with all the others doing it they had to change their policy on it.

It depends on the value of the consignment. If it meets a certain threshold (>$1k, as memory serves), there is no sellers fee if you ask.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:21 am

cccc wrote:edit: blair (e90-1 speaker sgc50 for ya bananarama )...

Got it!

I owe u one for alerting me to this bow .

Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by mwieder Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:33 pm

Bosox Blair wrote:

Got it!

I owe u one for alerting me to this bow .

Blair - congrats on the great pickup.
I noticed many deals were to be had at Heritage last night.

mwieder
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://picasaweb.google.com/mwieder/

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:37 pm

very cool...and it's a blazer! those e90-1s held up strong imo, except maybe the mitchell 40 at 1.3k pre-juice (it went less than a walsh 40)...maybe people are hesitant to put big money in no-name rarities.

one thing i noticed is heritage going anti-rea on the reserves. whereas rea puts very conservative estimates, heritage goes extreme the other way. makes the winning bidders feel good when the lot goes for half of the estimates Smile
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by mwieder Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:49 pm

cccc wrote:
one thing i noticed is heritage going anti-rea on the reserves. whereas rea puts very conservative estimates, heritage goes extreme the other way. makes the winning bidders feel good when the lot goes for half of the estimates Smile

I thought their estimates were all over the place, certainly many were high, some comically so, but also some were low. When looking at the realized prices this morning, I noticed many lots where the low hammer price was a surprise.

mwieder
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:03 pm

matt i only checked through the stuff that interested me..some did look low like a few of the d304s and t3s. what jumped out at you?

curious to see what everyone thought how some of the cards did? SN thorpe, t222 johnson, zeenut thorpe etc...
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by mwieder Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:35 pm

cccc wrote:matt i only checked through the stuff that interested me..some did look low like a few of the d304s and t3s. what jumped out at you?

curious to see what everyone thought how some of the cards did? SN thorpe, t222 johnson, zeenut thorpe etc...

Off the bat, almost all the D304s, T3s, F&B Thorpe, N172s with nice images...
I thought the prices were depressed much more then just being due to the current economic situation - my guess is that people were holding their cash for Legendary/Mile High/Goodwin/SCP that are upcoming which have a ton of nice stuff.

mwieder
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:45 pm

The m101-5 Thorpe took a huge hit compared to what it sold for in REA. Sure have been a lot of them for sale in the past year. Seems like there have been as many for sale in that time span as the previous 5+ years combined.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:38 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for sharing your views on the prices realized. I haven't reviewed them in general - I was tracking 4 lots, which I had put in early bids on. The 3 lots (not the E90-1 Speaker) I gave up on because I thought the bidding was over VCP before overtime even started. Those were the T3 Speaker in a 3, the E90-1 Stahl in a 2, and the M116 Cy Young in SGC 70. For each of these cards, the next bid increment (plus juice) was quite a bit over VCP prices recorded from 2008-2010. For the Stahl, the price was higher than VCP indicates even pre-crash.

Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:44 pm

mwieder wrote:Blair - congrats on the great pickup.

Thank you, sir!

Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:53 pm

so the individual closing time...maybe not gonna catch on Question
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:59 pm

cccc wrote:so the individual closing time...maybe not gonna catch on Question

The 4 lots I tracked all closed within 1 hour of the stated closing time of the auction. I think 2 of them closed 30 minutes later without a bid in O/T at all (but maybe it was because they were already maxed out on price?).

Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm

if all lots closing at the same time...the thinking is had you lost out on the #1 card speaker, you might have been tempted to put in an extra bid on the young or stahl...this auction didn't give that option. not good for consignors, great for bidders tho Smile
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:26 pm

cccc wrote:if all lots closing at the same time...the thinking is had you lost out on the #1 card speaker, you might have been tempted to put in an extra bid on the young or stahl...this auction didn't give that option. not good for consignors, great for bidders tho Smile

Exactly! I was happy that some guy slugging it out a couple hours later on other cards was unable to come back and re-enter the fray on the Speaker, which closed fairly early (to my great satisfaction Smile ).
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:41 pm

Blair,

And you were totally right about the cards prices, they did not rise like I had expected, except for the Wags and the Anson.

J
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:54 pm

Looks like the nuns did pretty well.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by rman444 Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:08 pm

cccc wrote:

I was the underbidder on the T222 johnson. I wanted to go at least one or two more bids, but couldn't bring myself to do it with the tape on the back. I am thinking that the condition is quite a bit worse than what it looked like on the scan.

Not sure why the Zeenut thorpe was in an auth holder, but unless there was some kind of alteration, I would say that it went cheap. A couple of years ago, that would have been a $10k card.
rman444
rman444
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by mwieder Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:36 pm

rman444 wrote:
Not sure why the Zeenut thorpe was in an auth holder, but unless there was some kind of alteration, I would say that it went cheap. A couple of years ago, that would have been a $10k card.

When the coupon was cut off the Zee Thorpe, they got too much card. I don't agree with giving numerical grades to hand cut cards, but if you are going to, as the grading companies to, you have to draw the line somewhere - otherwise that bottom edge can be re-trimmed to get a higher grade. I think if you compare it to the other Zee Thorpes that have sold you'll see they have more bottom border.

BTW - there is a die-cut green Cobby on eBay right now that has your name all over it.

mwieder
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:56 pm

That green Cobb has come up a few times, always with a pretty high minimum
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by rman444 Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:16 pm

mwieder wrote:
When the coupon was cut off the Zee Thorpe, they got too much card. I don't agree with giving numerical grades to hand cut cards, but if you are going to, as the grading companies to, you have to draw the line somewhere - otherwise that bottom edge can be re-trimmed to get a higher grade. I think if you compare it to the other Zee Thorpes that have sold you'll see they have more bottom border.

BTW - there is a die-cut green Cobby on eBay right now that has your name all over it.

Ah, that makes sense. Still a great central image of Thorpe. I would rather have a deep cut with a nice image than a regular cut with a creased up Thorpe.

I tried my best on the green cobb, but the seller and I were too far apart.
rman444
rman444
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100staggering heritage auction... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by mwieder Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:45 pm

rman444 wrote:
I tried my best on the green cobb, but the seller and I were too far apart.

Funny that he's asking for the green back premium even though the background is trimmed away Smile
If he can't sell it to you, it's not going to sell.

mwieder
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:04 am

Just remember, I got dibs on the Matty when you sell.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next