Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking

+12
ullmandds
Abravefan11
Bicem
terjung
mzm55
rholmes
rman444
crazylocomerk
sabrjay
cccc
Square_Frame_Ramly
fisherboy7
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Empty Re: Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking

Post by pro9 Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:27 pm

What? No 8's?

Smile

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Empty Re: Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking

Post by terjung Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:30 pm

Killer cards, Scott
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by rhettyeakley Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:32 pm

E103's are way overrated. They are in every single major auction and are often found on ebay without too much trouble. Tough to have this list and not include the tougher Colgans Chips sets IMO. The E270 Tin Tops are VERY difficult notwithstanding the Skydash find which almost all went to one or two collectors. The Red Borders are not as tough as the TinTops but both are far tougher than the E103's or E104-1's.

rhettyeakley
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:47 am

Is it me or have the more mainstream caramel sets gone chilly lately? a few years ago it seemed like everyone was lusting for them.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:05 pm

e-cards definitely seem to have lost their luster. I think a big part of it is that a lot of the new people that came into the hobby in the last 10 years got sucked into the e-card craze. With the downturn, many of the people have left hobby and with them a lot of the demand for e-cards.

I may be wrong, but that's how I see it.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:10 pm

imo 5-6 years back caramels were thought to be alot tougher than they are. with more finds and supply everyone's had their fills of e92s, e93s, e95s, e96s etc and demand/prices have gone down. i've also noticed the newer collectors (2-3 years) are going back to the tobacco issues or collecting niche stuff
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by rholmes Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:17 pm

From the perspective of someone who came into the hobby 5-6 years ago, at what seemed to be the ascent of caramels, and then jumped out at the very apex...I agree with the last few comments. With my recent return my biggest surprise is to find caramels so soft, generally. There are cards sitting around now, even aside from the grossly overpriced examples parked on ebay, that wouldn't have lasted 3 minutes on a b/s/t in 2006-2007. And I agree with Quan that there seems to be more focus on T-card backs right now. All in all, this is good...more cards available, better prices...what's not to love? Give it a couple of years however, and I'm not surprised if they come raging back.

Btw, nice (understatement) Croft's Scott, and nice to see you here! I don't know if you'll remember me, I used the handle 'semloh' then I think, but we had at least a few really great exchanges back 4-5 years ago. Some of the best I've had in the hobby.

Ray
rholmes
rholmes
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:33 pm

ebay seller "bbcemporium" has a bunch of high grade caramels going off soon....will be interesting to see how they perform in light of the conditions of the E card market as we've discussed.

I think the really high grade material (like that gorgeous PSA 7 e93 Lajoie he has) will still sell very strong. It's the low-mid grade mainstream stuff that has suffered the most.

bbcemporium's stuff
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:22 pm

fisherboy7 wrote:ebay seller "bbcemporium" has a bunch of high grade caramels going off soon....will be interesting to see how they perform in light of the conditions of the E card market as we've discussed.

I think the really high grade material (like that gorgeous PSA 7 e93 Lajoie he has) will still sell very strong. It's the low-mid grade mainstream stuff that has suffered the most.

bbcemporium's stuff

I'm sure his sales will be softer because he's not allowing bidders from Canada...dumb move... Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 768829
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:54 pm

No big loss. Canadians only want to pay with beaver pelts and moose antlers. Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Icon_geek
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:10 am

rholmes wrote:

Btw, nice (understatement) Croft's Scott, and nice to see you here! I don't know if you'll remember me, I used the handle 'semloh' then I think, but we had at least a few really great exchanges back 4-5 years ago. Some of the best I've had in the hobby.

Ray

ur not that special ray...scott's never had a bad exchange with anyone. prolly him and jim rivera are the only 2 guys in the hobby that can say that.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by rholmes Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:35 am

cccc wrote:
rholmes wrote:

ur not that special ray...

Apparently my mother has been lying to me all these years. Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Suspect
rholmes
rholmes
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by phlflyer1 Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:14 am

cccc wrote:
rholmes wrote:

Ray

ur not that special ray...scott's never had a bad exchange with anyone. prolly him and jim rivera are the only 2 guys in the hobby that can say that.

Hi Ray, wave

Sorry for not checking in on this thread in so long.

Yes, I definitely remember you. I think I bought an E107 or two from you while I sold you a 1911 Baseball Bat card? I was very happy with our transactions and still have the E107(s) that I obtained from you in my type collection of Phillies/A's players.

Q,

I appreciate the kind words.

Scott

phlflyer1
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by rholmes Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:46 am

Hiya Scott!

Glad you still have the cards!

(...just give me first dibs getting them back if you ever decide all those A's need to go...)
rholmes
rholmes
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:57 am

One of those E107s wasn't Chief Bender, was it?
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Scarce "E" Caramel Set Ranking - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by rholmes Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:05 am

No, Brian. No such luck. I believe one was Lave Cross...and I can't remember what the other was without looking back on my records. I had managed to amass 13 E107's at one point, but never a HOFer until you sold me Flick.
rholmes
rholmes
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by phlflyer1 Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:44 pm

Ray,

Yep, it was Lave Cross and Chief Zimmer I believe...

phlflyer1
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3