Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats the best car?

+5
sabrjay
pro9
browncow75
hrbaker
TheRiddler
9 posters

Go down

Whats the best car? Empty Whats the best car?

Post by TheRiddler Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:56 pm

For me, my best car was the one that I had to put the least work into.

And that was a 1949 GMC 3/4T pickup. A real pickup truck. All metal interior - you could hose it out if it ever got soo stanky.
4 speed floor shift, all original, unrestored and fun for me and the dog.

And when I had to work on it, I did not have to go to the mountaintop to speak with MicroSoft, the worst I dealt with was MightyHard.

Its all true, but it is so much Macho I could < insert puke icon here >.

Please feel free to enjoy this thread, strut your stuff, lament your miseries, explain your puniness, and recall your muscle cars - even if you had no muscles of your own.

agree

Smile
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Whats the best car? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Whats the best car? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Whats the best car? Empty Re: Whats the best car?

Post by hrbaker Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:08 am

Riddler,
I kind of partial to these two. I have owned the top one nearly 30 years, but dependable they are not. For that I have a 2011 Ford Taurus.
Whats the best car? Cars
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Whats the best car? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Whats the best car? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:44 am

Ahhh yes, the concept of just owning a vehicle for fun.
Well, that was my motivation with my old p/u + I figured that it could not go down in value.
It never really occurred to me that it may be dependable.
I had '66 + '68 chevys at the time. (Chevelle & Impala).
And I only used the truck on weekends, other than carrying sand and gravel for cement work I was doing.

But your two sport jobs look great - what are they? They look like the British stuff, wazzat? MGs/Aston Healy/ or something like that - I'm an American Hard Head/Union type guy.

No intents offended.

wave
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Whats the best car? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Whats the best car? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hrbaker Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:55 am

1976 MGB
1979 Triumph TR7
...and the 2011 Ford Taurus is 100% American

no offence taken

Last edited by hrbaker on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Whats the best car? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Whats the best car? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:06 am

I'll bet the red one is the MG.

Oh wait. Your Ford is a 2011?
I'll admit that I'm really not paying very much attention, but ain't it a bit early for next year?
Now I see, it was a slip of the finger.

Last edited by TheRiddler on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by hrbaker Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:18 am

In the first post I put 2011, the second 2001 - it is a 2010.
No just check the registration, it is a 2011. Nice car to! Whats the best car? Icon_eek

Last edited by hrbaker on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by browncow75 Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:00 am

I actually learned to drive a manual transmission in an 86 Ford Festiva Hatchback...now THERE is a performance car! I then went to a 71 Camaro w/a big block V8, and a 73 Nova with a small block making around 450 HP. Quite a bit to handle.
I also once flew a 67 Mustang that belongs to a friend (Yes, flew). The throttle got stuck on the highway, and instead of turning the car off, I got off the highway onto an offramp (duh), and ended up jumping a concrete intersection divider doing 70 and going about 2-3 feet in the air for about 15-20 feet, until the impact knocked the accelerator loose and I was able to get the car stopped. Luckily enough it was a Sunday and there was no traffic in said intersection!
browncow75
browncow75
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Whats the best car? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Whats the best car? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pro9 Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:55 am

Whats the best car? Corvette1

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
Whats the best car? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Whats the best car? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hrbaker Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:29 am

Yes, the Stingray. At some point almost every boy's dream. Very nice.
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Yugo all the way baby

Whats the best car? Draggood
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Whats the best car? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Whats the best car? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:23 pm

was never much into the muscle cars but i love vespas (i'm euro)

Whats the best car? Vespa_vba_02
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Whats the best car? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Whats the best car? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:23 pm

When I lived in Sacramento, they actually had a racing league for Vespas
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Whats the best car? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Whats the best car? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:28 pm

My High School cars
55, 57 & 58 chevy's, 60 T-Bird
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Whats the best car? Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Whats the best car? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:01 am

The best car I ever owned was a 2001 Subaru Impreza RS that I bought brand new. I sold it in 2008 after owning it for 7 years. It's been 2 years and I still regret getting rid of it. It had 51,000 miles on it when I sold it.

Whats the best car? 2001SubaruImpreza003

To replace it, I bought a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T as my fun car. I've owned it for 2 years and 4 months and have put 6,000 miles on it.

Whats the best car? 07010

Whats the best car? Charge10

My every day driver is a 2001 Subaru Outback, so I did go back to a Subaru.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Whats the best car? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Whats the best car? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by browncow75 Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:36 am

Man Eric!
Ive always been a musclecar guy, but that Impreza is, well....imprezzive! Looks to be a 2 door? I didnt know they made a 2 dr in that bodystyle. Was it an AWD?
browncow75
browncow75
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Whats the best car? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Whats the best car? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:39 am

browncow75 wrote:Man Eric!
Ive always been a musclecar guy, but that Impreza is, well....imprezzive! Looks to be a 2 door? I didnt know they made a 2 dr in that bodystyle. Was it an AWD?

The Impreza RS 2.5 came as either a two door coupe or a 4 door. 2001 was the last year of the body style, then they switched to the bugeye for 2002 and 2003. My Impreza was AWD. Actually all Subarus come AWD standard. It's the only car maker out there where all models come that way.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Whats the best car? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Whats the best car? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Subraru did make one car that didn't have standard AWD. That was the XT. I used to own one. Loved the car. All the controls were right at your finger tips next to the steering wheel and it had a cool pistol grip shifter.

This was my baby though. My 1973 Datsun 240z was a great car. It was all original except the carbs. They were replaced with dual Webers. Ended up selling it off to pay for my Thorpe and few other cards.

Whats the best car? Car2
Whats the best car? Exterior
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:54 pm

sabrjay wrote:Subraru did make one car that didn't have standard AWD. That was the XT. I used to own one. Loved the car. All the controls were right at your finger tips next to the steering wheel and it had a cool pistol grip shifter.

Alright, check that....since the mid 90's AWD came standard on all their models, or basically since I've had my license. One day I'd like to own a Subaru 360 (1958), which was their first mass produced car. It is small like a mini cooper. It has a small air cooled 356cc two stroke engine. But having to premix the gas might be a pain, so I just might get a Subaru R-2 (the successor to the 360). Their first model, the 1500 was a prototype (of sorts), and they only produced 20 of them, so I'll never get my hands on one of those.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:12 pm

Wow...nice cars.

Here is my baby for the next 10 years....then my son gets it for college.

2007 Convertible BMW 335i twin turbo V6.

Whats the best car? 31859_10
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Whats the best car? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Whats the best car? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:43 pm

Square_Frame_Ramly wrote:Wow...nice cars.

Here is my baby for the next 10 years....then my son gets it for college.

2007 Convertible BMW 335i twin turbo V6.

Whats the best car? 31859_10

drool

sick car mark, i love the 335i! that's comparable to a cracker jack joe jackson. not quite a grail but super cool to own. i can't pull off the convertible look tho unless it has that hardtop thingie.

how does it run? i heard from my friend it has some factory engine boost problem that needs to be fixed (fuzzy memory because i never seriously considered one to do research).

the one car lately that makes me feel tingly and funny inside is the audi r5

Whats the best car? Audi-rs5-spy-03
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:50 pm

crazylocomerk wrote:The best car I ever owned was a 2001 Subaru Impreza RS that I bought brand new. I sold it in 2008 after owning it for 7 years. It's been 2 years and I still regret getting rid of it. It had 51,000 miles on it when I sold it.

i so wanted an impreza rs turbo in college, prolly more and best bangs for your bucks? but a used '90 toyota corrola is also cool right Rolling Eyes
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:15 pm

Quan....this is the first year hard top variety....it's so funny cause the kids at my daughters camp call it the transformer car by the way it folds up and down.

No boost problem with mine...i will check on some BMW forums.

Thanks
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by browncow75 Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:06 am

I just watched a documentary last night on the Audi R8 and how its all hand built in Germany (I love those Bavarians, so meticulous! -anyone know the song that line comes from?) Anyway, if I win the lotto, or find out I'm the love child of Steve Jobs, thats going to be my first purchase.
browncow75
browncow75
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by browncow75 Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:10 am

Any car is cooler than hitch hiking in todays society!
browncow75
browncow75
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:39 am

Some pretty sweet cars owned by the forum members here. Wow. Quan.....love that Audi. Looks sweet as hell!
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down