Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe?

+4
scott elkins
sabrjay
fisherboy7
ItsOnlyGil
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Empty Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe?

Post by ItsOnlyGil Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:23 pm

I thought we were getting the vintage image which was indicated.

Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Grin10
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Empty Re: Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe?

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:41 pm

Gil, your title is priceless. Very Happy

What, not a fan of the e92 Matty "Sistine ceiling" pose? I thought we could use a little vintage card content in the header image.

We can do the one you posted next though. I've got some great looking images waiting in line too - taken from obaks, kalamazoo bats team cards, and other fine sets.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Empty Re: Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe?

Post by sabrjay Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:48 pm

I love this woodcut

Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Item_8983_1

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:50 pm

Wow Jay that's a great woodcut. Would love to use that image too in the near future righton
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:55 pm

It was a featured piece in REA's auction last year. f I had deep pockets, I'd have gone for it.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:05 pm

Here are some of the potential header images I've been playing with (including those suggested).

Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Obakhe10Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Sunset10Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Woodcu10Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Athlet10Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? D304co10Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Ansone10
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:41 pm

I like the one of Jay and Lee in the bottom right corner. Looks like they are having a couple brews after Lee's 300 game! I figured they would have MN shirts on instead of New York and Chicago however. scratch

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:42 pm

Ben, here is a great Obak image you have to consider in the future as well........
Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Hetlin10

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:48 pm

Whatever you want is fine with me. Just no men in garters, please.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by CobbSpikedMe Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:32 pm

I like all the images.

Gil, your title had me laughing. Thank a lot for that.

Andy
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

http://forloveofthecards.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:53 pm

What is the picture ofthe two guys rining from. That is a great image.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:39 am

sabrjay wrote:What is the picture ofthe two guys rining from. That is a great image.

I think I understood that Wink

It's from the July/August '98 issue of VCBC. Not sure where the image originated from though - likely an ad piece for E & J Burke (the name pictured on the barrels). I've always thought it was Anson and Ewing pictured enjoying their drinks.

Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Vcbc10
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:24 am

lol, my wireless keyboard is being goofy tonight. Once in ahwile, for some reason, letters get skipped and if I don't reread my post, strange sentences and words get thru geek

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:29 am

Too much drink from the barrel in the pic might cause typos as well Jay. puke

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:30 am

we should throw in wonka's fullcount (fourm) error back somewhere.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:35 am

cccc wrote:we should throw in wonka's fullcount (fourm) error back somewhere.

Agreed - that was a gem.

Perfect avatar material, Quan Idea
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:50 am

Quan, that's my new favorite back - I have to get some business cards made up with that on the back!

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:55 am

Not a very tidy bunch after a few beers, just throw your bottle on the ground. Great images. Jay and I couldn't be outside having a brew we would have beersicles in no time we have been freezing our ass off lately.

Ben I think the wonka Full count back Should replace the title header.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:31 pm

bowlingshoeguy wrote:Ben I think the wonka Full count back Should replace the title header.

That would be cool too, only thing is the image it too long top to bottom. I would have to shrink it way down or cut off the bottom half for it to look right. Horizontal card poses, team photos, baseball action shots, anything that has greater width than length, works really well.

Would love to use a "wonkashop" creation as the header though. Cool
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:43 pm

I found a good spot for the Wonka Full Count back, in the "who is online" section. Wouldn't mind keeping it there as long as John is ok with it.

BTW was the "Fourm" typo intentional? Error back? Laughing
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by wonkaticket Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:36 pm

No problems here Ben...let me know if you want me to start making; say some weekly images. Just let me know what sizes etc.

Glad to do it...heck we can even have a weekly funny pic of our guy Jay...we can call it the Dunderhead Times or something....LOL Very Happy

Ben, I'm so proud of you I was wondering when someone was going to catch that, but the day I posted nobody said anything so I let it ride...LOL Smile

Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Fisher
Just for you..Ben!
Yes the typo was correct sort of a joke/mistake etc. Use which ever one you need....here's the correct one color set for you without the aging....or is it the rare one?? question

Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? FcbWhats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Fcb1%20copy
wonkaticket
wonkaticket
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/piojohn3/collection

Back to top Go down

Post by wonkaticket Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:38 am

Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Full%20EwingWhats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? 38855%20copyWhats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? FULL%20CATCHERWhats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Full%20ladyWhats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Fatty%20copy

Here you go guys, Ben I can re-size any of these to fit your banner above or below, thought I'd keep them bigger for your review...

Let me know which ones you need me to send you, that is if you guys want to use any of these??
wonkaticket
wonkaticket
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:42 am

John - those are all spectacular! Though, you should have changed the Ewing and Mascot to Lee and Jay (Jay being the Mascot of course). Razz

I believe my favorite out of all these masterpieces is either the woman holding the fan or the Mickey Cochrane catching?????

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by wonkaticket Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:52 am

"you should have changed the Ewing and Mascot to Lee and Jay (Jay being the Mascot of course). Razz "

Scott so true..LOL now to step outside for a refreshing smoke of my fav brand...

Whats with this limp wristed Mordecai wannabe? 206b%20small
wonkaticket
wonkaticket
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:11 pm

Great stuff John. Your photoshop skills are an asset to the forum. All of these are really well done and they'll all be used on here at some point. That Cochrane die cut is impressive! I'll PM you about sizing issues on a few of them, but for now the Baker image is perfect!

beer
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next