Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current smack

+4
TheRiddler
Square_Frame_Ramly
fisherboy7
sabrjay
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Current smack - Page 3 Empty Re: Current smack

Post by TheRiddler Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:05 am

Is there a way that we can work this out Mark? Specifically, are you willing to negotiate and perhaps comprimize on your requirement for Ty Cobb?

You see? I can not provide Ty Cobb. But I do have Babe Ruth.
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Current smack - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Current smack - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Current smack - Page 3 Empty ha,ha Gil...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:08 am

I don't think we can do that....at least yet. Razz

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Current smack - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Current smack - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:10 am

Why is that?
I intended no joke.
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Current smack - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Current smack - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Current smack - Page 3 Empty Mark -

Post by TheRiddler Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:19 am

Now, don't be asking Jay or Ben whether you should do this - do you think that they want you to get Ruth?

So, here is the deal which I am offering: Ruth in exchange for future draft picks only (if there ever are any). Your #1 and #2 draft picks next season - which if you finish as high as you think that you will, should amount to selections about #10 & 20.

Also:

Since gambling is not frowned upon in Sim Baseball, the following bet is an integral part of the package. Even with Ruth you still will not wind up with the top hitting club - as measured by the total number of runs driven in. (RBIs).
The value of the bet is your next #3 draft pick up against my next #3 draft pick - winner gets both.

So, there are various scenarios here to consider. Are you game?

Is this understandable?

rendeer
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Current smack - Page 3 Empty so Gil...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:16 am

If i give you my 1st and 2nd pick next year i will get Ruth in my line-up this year, then we make a bet that i will have the most RBI's of any other team and if i lose you get my 3rd pick? If i win i will get your 3rd pick.

I believe i would have to trade you one of my guys and not just take Ruth from you. That would leave you with 1 less guy until the end of drafting.

The only thing is....i don't believe RBI's are the only sign of a great hitting team. It's placement of your line-up that is key for RBI's. If i take Ruth, i would actually place him 5th or 6th in the lineup and keep Rose, Williams, Speaker, Honus as 1-2-3-4. That way i am pretty sure my guys would get on and Ruth can knock them in.

I will take that bet (if allowed)....but at least give me a chance to get most team RBI's or top Batting Average. righton scratch

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Current smack - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Current smack - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:29 pm

affraid
Be back atcha angry
Once I congeal a few thoughts agree
stir the pot
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Current smack - Page 3 Empty not to be a killjoy, but

Post by nolemmings Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:02 pm

I do not believe we should allow trades involving next year's draft choices. This is not a keeper league, and there's no guarantee that particular owners will even participate next season.
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Current smack - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Current smack - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:32 pm

Square_Frame_Ramly wrote:disagree Gil...i think its pretty even all across the board with the Red Stockings just a little ahead when it comes to hitting, if i had Ty Cobb in my line-up i would be unbeatable. Laughing

The thing is, how does the game differentiate from 19thcentury pitching and late 20th century hitting. I also agree that each team should set their team up without the default.

Mark

My intent here Mark is to fulfill whatever you were thinking when you made the "hitting" statement above.
I do not think it right to leave it open to you achieving one statistic or another, but to select one specifically to represent your intent. I thought that RBIs would sum it up, but I guess not. I've considered Slugging %age, OPS and other criteria. But it is really your call. Please pick just one though.

As far as you having to supply me with some replacement of a player; that is probably true. Please supply one (if I get to pick: please supply Gavvy Cravath - I'd like to see how the Sim treats his statistics).

Regarding the possibility that teams may not return next year or thereafter: we have measured our risks carefully. Since there is no relation of these Sim seasons to the real world other than fun creation, I think that we are on firm footing (unless this trade makes others unhappy). If the trade does make you unhappy, please ask me about Shoeless Joe Jackson or anyone else, all are on the trading block.
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Current smack - Page 3 Empty Well...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:40 pm

its up to Jay or we can take a poll if trades will be aloud. Does not matter to me, Gil and i were just trying something new and i don't think trades were even talked about last year.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Current smack - Page 3 Empty WELL,

Post by nolemmings Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:10 pm

I have no objection to trades, just trades of futures.
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Current smack - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Current smack - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:37 pm

It is my intention to address all considerations here. However, in this case I am at the disadvantage of not understanding what the objection is. Please elaborate. Thank you.

rendeer
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:41 pm

TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:23 pm

Square_Frame_Ramly wrote:its up to Jay or we can take a poll if trades will be aloud. Does not matter to me, Gil and i were just trying something new and i don't think trades were even talked about last year.

Mark

There is a real "need to know" here regarding if this trade is on or off
because having or not having Babe Ruth on your (and my) roster can impact the draft selections which one makes. So, if I do not hear otherwise, I will assume that the trade is cancelled effective my next draft turn.

rendeer
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Current smack - Page 3 Empty Gil....

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:41 pm

I will do it but we have teams that are against this trade because it involves next years draft choices.

I will have to email Jay....

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:45 am

I don't have a problem with trades, but until such time that we can solidify 12-16 owners that want to run a keeper league, trading draft pick would be out of the question.

2 for 1, 3 for 2, etc trades aren't an issue either, you just have to keep your roster at 24 a team that is short will have to draft a free agent and the team with extra player would have to drop someone.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Current smack - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Current smack - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Current smack - Page 3 Empty ok....

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:34 am

Gil, I guess the trade is off.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:53 pm

Mark ~

I intended my offer to be a fun thing which would enhance the dimensions of the Sim Season. It turned out to be a point of controversy. Bacause of that, I think that we should drop it.

However, Jay did not indicate that dropping this subject was indicated. Actually, my interpretation of Jay's statement is (as you stated) that we would have to keep our rosters at 24 players. But rather than attempting to ram something which appears unwanted into our fun endeavor, we'd be better off to drop it.
However, I honestly do not understand why anyone would object to our trade.
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Current smack - Page 3 Empty Gil...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:57 pm

Yes, i agree when you say "I honestly do not understand why anyone would object to our trade." But,i f we are playing a game which involves us "owning" our team then it would be just like real baseball....see quote i found on Google.

Why aren't draft picks ever traded? Because it is banned. It's
MLB's paternal "we-know-what's-best-for-you approach." You can't trade
draft position or a drafted player until one full year has passed since
he was taken.

It's only a game with no money involved. Thats ok, no problem.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:59 pm

As I mentioned, when we can get the league established with 12-16 dedicated people that want to play a keeper league, then we can consider trading draft picks (which I am not opposed to in that situation).

Until we can get those numbers, it is best to not be trading draft picks.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Current smack - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Current smack - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:21 pm

TheRiddler wrote:I pick first in this draft, because I have proven my incompetence in this better (yes, I am the best) than anyone else has. My first pick was Ruth. Then after everyone else got their two picks, I got mine.

So, there I sat with Ruth, while everyone else had selected the two players who they most wanted to draft. I thought for a while about my two selections. You know, at that point I could have chosen Bonds and Williams as outfield partners for Ruth. But I didn't.

I chose good hitting middle infielders instead. What would you have done?

Ruth, Williams and Bonds.
I think that I would bat Williams third.

Well I don't know how you did it, but: you wound up withRuth, DiMaggio and Shoeless Joe + your middle infielders! Then you tried to give Ruth away - and noone would let you.

Friend - it is time for a straight jacket and a gag - you been waay too lucky so far!
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:50 pm

I just noticed I don't have a single left handed starter in my rotation and my onlt right handed reliever is closer Trevor Hoffman. It will be interesting to see how that type of pitching staff pans out.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:34 pm

sabrjay wrote:Taht is sort of what I had proposed with each person drafting two teams and running AL/NL type format.

I'd love to do another draft with after this one with all players currently drafted inelligble. Would be lots of fun and very interesting.

Jay

+ I would be up for the draft after the draft. Maybe we can do double picks to speed it up.

Lee

How about we hammer it out in the chatroom, or if you prefer a more relaxed approach, I'm good with that too.

Gil
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3