Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love this website but...

5 posters

Go down

Love this website but... Empty Love this website but...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon May 05, 2008 6:20 pm

Should it be updated to reflect changes. I have had this site bookmarked for a few years now and i check it out once in a while. I am sure everyone reading this has also been to it.

It helped me out tremendously when i was first getting in to E card collecting. I am no expert in the e card field but i think maybe only a few changes should be made.

http://www.caramel-cards.com/cards.html

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Love this website but... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Love this website but... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Love this website but... Empty Re: Love this website but...

Post by CobbSpikedMe Mon May 05, 2008 11:02 pm

I was very happy to find Pete's site years ago and spent many hours pouring over the info and the images. When all the gallery pages stopped loading, I stopped checking it out all together. I would love it if he had the time to update it and get the images back up. I have, however, checked it for his listings of scarcity on certain cards within a set. If those need to be updated, I wouldn't know, but I would certainly like it if they were so that I get good info when I do reference his lists.

It's still a great site to point beginners to when they are interested in caramels.

AndyH
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Love this website but... Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Love this website but... Right_bar_bleue

http://forloveofthecards.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Mon May 05, 2008 11:56 pm

Pete's site does not get updated.
It is the card's job to comform to his tabulations.
And they usually do. But some seem to go astray for a while.
When actually we just counted wrong, or too soon.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Love this website but... Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Love this website but... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed May 07, 2008 2:47 pm

I think Peter Calderon's site sparked a lot of collectors' interest in e cards, and I'd even say it played a significant role in the surge we've seen these cards make over the past 6-7 years. While Pete has moved on and no longer maintains this website, it still contains a whole lot of valuable information for those just getting into e cards. The rankings and scarcity charts were particularly well done.

It helped me out tremendously when i was first getting in to E card collecting. I am no expert in the e card field but i think maybe only a few changes should be made.

What changes in particular would you make Mark? Perhaps if the e card collectors on this forum put their heads together and pointed out some needed edits, Pete might still be willing to update his site to make it current. I know Tony A. for one would likely have some suggestions for the e90-1 section.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Love this website but... Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Love this website but... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Love this website but... Empty I think...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Wed May 07, 2008 2:58 pm

He states E97 are "Extremely difficult". I think they should be put in the difficult cat. and E106 should move up to very difficult. Of course thats just my opinion.

Markfficult
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Love this website but... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Love this website but... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Thu May 08, 2008 4:43 am

I went ahead and took a peek at the E90-1 section of the website. Although the set is described very well
it could stand to be updated just a bit. It's still a terrific site though and a great reference for anyone needing
information on "E" sets.

Tony
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Love this website but... Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Love this website but... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down