Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarce PC's on VintageBall website

5 posters

Go down

Scarce PC's on VintageBall website Empty Scarce PC's on VintageBall website

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:00 am

For those who haven't visited yet, here's a link to the VintageBall Website. Make sure to look at the postcards section, really impressive collection of scans and info. I noticed the creator of the website Robert S just joined up here a few days ago (hi Robert), maybe if he's around he can answer some of our questions about scarce PC's Smile

Here's one to start us off...

What are the top 5-10 toughest cataloged PC sets?

Might be tough to come up with a definitive answer, but it would be interesting to hear some opinions from those who know far more about postcards than I do Razz
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Scarce PC's on VintageBall website Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Scarce PC's on VintageBall website Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Scarce PC's on VintageBall website Empty Yes...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:39 am

great site....i have been there many times when i had a few Grignon and Morgan stationary postcards.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Scarce PC's on VintageBall website Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Scarce PC's on VintageBall website Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Scarce PC's on VintageBall website Empty Re: Scarce PC's on VintageBall website

Post by the-illini Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:53 pm

I am no postcard expert by any means, but I have always wanted to acquire an example of Ullman and Bregstone postcards, and have had no luck. I have to think these are two of the tougher postcard sets out there...
the-illini
the-illini
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Scarce PC's on VintageBall website Left_bar_bleue11 / 10011 / 100Scarce PC's on VintageBall website Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/crb972

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:17 pm

the-illini wrote:I have always wanted to acquire an example of Ullman and Bregstone postcards, and have had no luck. I have to think these are two of the tougher postcard sets out there...

Agreed. Bregstone PC's are really tough and also great looking. Here's the writeup and scan from the VintageBall website. Does anyone have any more of these in their collection?

Definitely among the scarcest of the pre-linen baseball postcards are the 1908-11 H.H. Bregstone postcards of the St. Louis Browns and Cardinals. These exceedingly rare cards are actually Real Photo postcards, depicting sepia-hued images of unique photos of the players taken on the field of play before or after games. Beneath the photos are dark boxes with the player's name, position, team and league, as well as a credit to Bregstone. These postcards were issued by Bregstone, a local St. Louis company and focus exclusively on hometown heroes.

Scarce PC's on VintageBall website Bregstone_McGlynn2
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Scarce PC's on VintageBall website Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Scarce PC's on VintageBall website Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by glenv Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:32 pm

Are Ullman's catalogued? So many PCs aren't.

My guess: Bregstone, Rotograph, Souvenir PC Shop of Cleveland, American League Publishing

Most common: Generic Embossed, Orcajo Reds, Deitsche Tigers

Most overpriced: Novelty Cutlery

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Scarce PC's on VintageBall website Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scarce PC's on VintageBall website Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:26 am

glenv wrote:Most overpriced: Novelty Cutlery

Glen, I kind of agree based on scarcity alone; but I think a big reason why the Novelty Cutlery PC's sell for so much is because of how great looking they are. They are the cream of the crop design-wise. I think the same can be said for Rose & Co PC's (but to a lesser degree).
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:44 pm

What the heck is that guy doing in the background? He has his legs crossed and arms up while standing. Very odd pose.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Scarce PC's on VintageBall website Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Scarce PC's on VintageBall website Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Scarce PC's on VintageBall website Empty Jay...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:49 pm

I believe that is a broom to sweep the infield. He is holding it up with his hands.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Scarce PC's on VintageBall website Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Scarce PC's on VintageBall website Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down