Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Guy 3.0 (going to auction)

5 posters

Go down

New Guy 3.0 (going to auction) Empty New Guy 3.0 (going to auction)

Post by Theo_450 Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:43 pm

Well guys, it has been a blast learning about my Dad’s collection, and cataloging all the cards. I got to touch every single one of the ~ 1100 cards (and even smelled a few). It has been a lot of work over the past five months, but definitely a labor of love, for Dad, and the cards.

All told it is about 300 prewar cards and about 800 cards from the mid to late 1950s.

I will be forever grateful for all the excellent advice I received from members on this forum, and the warm welcome you all extended. You guys are a class act.

I am sorry I couldn’t do anything for you on the BST board, but I quickly realized that I did not have the expertise to sell the cards myself, and so after much thought and discussion and many interviews, we have chosen to auction all the cards in Al Crisafulli’s upcoming August Love of the Game auction.

The cards won’t be pedigreed, but with the permission of the Full Count Forum owner, and in honor of you guys who really helped me understand the cards, and suggested many ways to handle the collection, we will refer to this collection as “The Full Count Find”.

Many cards will be graded, many will be left raw. You can see the raw scans of a few of them on these two threads:
https://vbbc.forumotion.com/t4867-new-guy-new-scans-posted
https://vbbc.forumotion.com/t4881-new-guy-20-vintage-scans

If any of you have questions, or are looking for something specific, drop me a PM. I appreciate you guys, and I wish you all the best in your collecting adventures!

Quite Sincerely, Ted
Theo_450
Theo_450
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
New Guy 3.0 (going to auction) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New Guy 3.0 (going to auction) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

New Guy 3.0 (going to auction) Empty Re: New Guy 3.0 (going to auction)

Post by jbonie Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:44 pm

I hope you decide to stick around the boards. It's been nice having you. No reason to leave. Hell, you could even start an OJ collection! You're dad didn't have any of those, and 19th century is a whole different ball game.

Plus, I'd miss the Chewbacca avatar!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
New Guy 3.0 (going to auction) Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100New Guy 3.0 (going to auction) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:46 pm

True, the avatar is great. At least of Star Wars fanbois think so.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
New Guy 3.0 (going to auction) Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100New Guy 3.0 (going to auction) Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo_450 Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:55 pm

I'll be around! We are going to hang on to a few cards for posterity, and I really enjoy the comradary and discussions. Imagine if I tried to rebuild a 1915 CJ set after having 140 cards! Besides, August is a ways off!

BTW, Star Wars was the first movie I ever saw. I remeber being scared silly of the Sand People. I was 7.
Theo_450
Theo_450
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
New Guy 3.0 (going to auction) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New Guy 3.0 (going to auction) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:15 am

good luck with the auction. let's chip in and win one card, have the card pedigreed as the fullcount board and pass it along every year to the fantasy league or march madness winner.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
New Guy 3.0 (going to auction) Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100New Guy 3.0 (going to auction) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by LucasRiley Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:25 pm

Theo_450 wrote:BTW, Star Wars was the first movie I ever saw. I remeber being scared silly of the Sand People. I was 7.

"Star Wars" was actually the last movie I ever saw with my parents. Soon thereafter, my friends and I were old enough to go without parental supervision. I remember after the movie we went to dinner at the Howard Johnson's in my hometown (now gone, but I used to love the open-face turkey on bread w/ mashed potatoes and gravy), and my father declared that, although he enjoyed the film well enough, it was 'basically silly nonsense' and probably wouldn't make a lot of money. We now know why my father was not in the movie business.

Glad you're gonna stick around the board. Good luck with your sale! May the force be with your bidders. Very Happy
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
New Guy 3.0 (going to auction) Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100New Guy 3.0 (going to auction) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:51 pm

For me, it was the movie playing in the theatre when I started working there. Got to see the movie twice a night all summer long.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
New Guy 3.0 (going to auction) Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100New Guy 3.0 (going to auction) Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LucasRiley Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:10 am

Jay, I believe Monty Python would've referred to you as a "lucky, lucky bastard." Smile

I worked at a drive-in theater in the summers of '83 and '84. At the end of summer '84, it closed. The film I got to see most often? "Warriors of the Wasteland." Not exactly great art. The glorious institution of the American drive-in in Laurel, MD deserved a better send-off.
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo_450 Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:19 am

LucasRiley wrote:Jay, I believe Monty Python would've referred to you as a "lucky, lucky bastard." Smile

I worked at a drive-in theater in the summers of '83 and '84. At the end of summer '84, it closed. The film I got to see most often? "Warriors of the Wasteland." Not exactly great art. The glorious institution of the American drive-in in Laurel, MD deserved a better send-off.

I thought the Lucky, Lucky Bastard got a free naked lady with the purchase of a life insurance policy?
Theo_450
Theo_450
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down