Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing?

+7
LucasRiley
jbonie
TheBig6
Bosox Blair
cccc
ullmandds
BigGuy219
11 posters

Go down

Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Empty Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing?

Post by BigGuy219 Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:33 pm

Well it's month 6, and last time I counted there were 12 months so we're rapidly blowing through 2012. REA has passed, and the National is around the corner.

It begs the question ... how is everyone doing with their 2012 collecting goals?

I wish I had some exciting purchase to report, but nothing has caught my eye yet this year. My goal to collect New York Hall of Famer T206/'33 Goudey in SGC 5s and 6s has failed miserably. I'm off to my worst start of the century!

Inspire me with some good news on your end, please! bananarama
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Empty Re: Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing?

Post by ullmandds Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:09 pm

Well I've had a decent year so far...I got an e94 wagner that is in a fed ex truck right now along with a dietsche cobb fielding card. The cobb was kind of an impulse buy...I've always wanted it...but prices have been rising rapidly...so this one has writing on it...but looks great!!!

The e94 wags leaves me 2 or 3 commons from completing the set...and then I will upgrade some after that. There seem to be a lot of people collecting them these days...they are tough to come by.

I've picked up a few scarce types for cheap money...a general baking evers.

I've sold a bunch of cards too!

If I can complete my e94 set this year I will be happy! I'd love to add another miller big glove pose card to my collection as well.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Empty Re: Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing?

Post by cccc Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:15 pm

fantastic, thanks for asking! actually trying to put the brakes on a lil bit i've been all over the place collecting-wise.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:55 am

Really well...maybe a bit too well. On the Red Sox side I got the Mino Speaker from REA and recently purchased the tough M116 Cicotte in a nice grade. Also got a tough TTT-back T204 Jake Stahl. Lots of other cool stuff too.

But I have sort of expanded my non-Red Sox collecting...especially my pre-war hockey. I've picked up some stunning stuff in this regard...completed the V128-1 Paulin's set in less than 8 months! But that has definitely taken up some significant time/resources. Maybe it has affected my main Red Sox collection by splitting my attention? Hard to say. I do enjoy it all, though! yes

Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:54 am

My time is split between 2 Hobbies, Metal Detecting and Collecting Ball Cards. Both fluctuate between Hot and Cold.
My most notable Pick up this year so far is a presentable E107 Common.
The rest are fairly pedestrian.

TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:05 pm

It's gone pretty well. I purchased a n172 kid nichols early in the year, which I am really happy with. Also got a great price on a n172 Thompson at Goodwin.

No real complaints, other than perhaps not a lot of great 19th Century material becoming available this spring.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by LucasRiley Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:36 pm

Well, I don't think I collect in quite the same price stratosphere as many of you, but that said the year is going very well thus far. Finally acquired the 34 Canadian Goudey Gehrig, and I've plowed through roughly 10% of my subjects-only T206 set (or, in other words, about 40 cards since the first of the year, and probably 38 of those are run-of-the-mill commons).

If I have a goal for the rest of the year, it's to wrap up some of my post-WWII sets ('53 Bowman B&W, '59T, '67T). That'll free up resources to start acquiring the higher dollar T206's. Time to ante up and get more HOF's, SL's, and unusual backs! And there's still that 34 Canadian Goudey Ruth lurking quietly but menacingly on my want list... Twisted Evil
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:25 pm

Downsized my collection to 10 cards with the Dihigo and Knute Rockne cards the latest additions to the Gang of Ten.

Any more new cards are going to have to take a back seat to the BBQ sauce. I have a store interested in carrying it so I need to get a co-packer lined up and will most likely need every penny and then some to pay for the production run.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:21 pm

Thinking of selling off the collection to focus on beer, beer brewing and possibly opening a brewery.

Jay, how about a BBQ shack that sells your BBQ and my beer?
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:29 pm

Sounds like a winning combo. I'm learning to make bacon this summer. Nothing better than beer, bacon and BBQ. beer
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:07 pm

The four B's of life - beer, BBQ, bacon and boobies
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:08 am

My collecting goals have shifted somewhat in the past few months since I started focusing on Bender. So far I've purchased and traded for some rare ones, but I don't have them all in hand yet so I can't jinx it by posting them. But I will in the next few days Smile
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:07 pm

still no girlfriend!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:09 pm

ullmandds wrote:still no girlfriend!

I thought you were dating Louis Lowdermilk! flaglol
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:12 pm

things didn't work out with ol' Loo Loo!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:12 pm

I caught her messin' around with another man...so I shot her...I gave her the gun!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:16 pm

Collecting wise...I picked up that dietsche fielding cobb which has been the highlight of my year so far!

A few random oddball tough types...at bargain prices...e94 wags...still 2 cards away from completing my set. Hopefully after Goodwin...I'll be on the upgrade train!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:40 pm

The Rockne as my last big pick up. Since then all my money has been sunk into the BBQ sauce business. My wing sauce is going to be on store shelves in about 2-4 weeks and I have a restaurant that is testing it out to see if they want to make it a permanent item on the menu bananarama
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:21 pm

Thought I'd share this Behrens' BBQ sauce recipe I made last weekend:

Behrens' BBQ Bleu Cheese Bacon Burger:
4 lbs. ground beef
8 oz crumbled bleu cheese
1/2 cup diced chives
4 tbsp Minnesota Mouth BBQ sauce
1 tsp dry mustard
2 tbsp horseradish (optional)

Mix. Refrigerate and allow to firm for a couple hours. Pattie 1/3 to 1/2 lbs. burgers. Smoke at low heat (about 225F) for 120-135 minutes. Smoke or bake bacon. Carmelized onions and mushrooms are always good. Mozzarella halfway through the smoke also good. I prefer Kaiser rolls. Makes 12 good sized burgers. drool

On another note, got my first, edited copy of the Claxton book back yesterday. Still a lot of work to be done. Plenty of red ink, so to speak. Still selling off the cards to pay for this production, but making progress.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Year is half gone ... how is everyone doing? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Congrats Jay!

Maybe in the near future they can sell my beer!
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down