Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When did PSA add half grades?

3 posters

Go down

When did PSA add half grades? Empty When did PSA add half grades?

Post by BigGuy219 Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:15 am

I'm doing some late night searching for the first time and noticing PSA half grades, which I don't remember seeing before. Was this a change they made in the last few years or was I just oblivious previously? If it was a recent/semi-recent change what was the overall reaction? Did everyone with a 5 suddenly wonder if they had a 4.5/5.5? My OCD is making me cringe at the possibilities!
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
When did PSA add half grades? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100When did PSA add half grades? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

When did PSA add half grades? Empty Re: When did PSA add half grades?

Post by sabrjay Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:08 pm

They did it a few years ago. Revnues were falling and the easiest way to generate more submissions was to start doing half grades. This also got the registery guys to resubmit more card. An 8 that they knew had no hope for a 9 now had a chance for an 8.5.

Long story short, PSA started doing what SGC and others have been doing for a long time.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
When did PSA add half grades? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100When did PSA add half grades? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TcardCollector Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:46 am

Certainly it helped PSA increase its submission numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if someday someone starts grading things to exact percentages, like 8.62 or 4.19. Then everyone could resubmit in the hope of a slightly better grade!
TcardCollector
TcardCollector
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
When did PSA add half grades? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100When did PSA add half grades? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down