Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm half done with my set!

5 posters

Go down

I'm half done with my set! Empty I'm half done with my set!

Post by BigGuy219 Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:47 pm

The M110 Sporting Life Cabinets is only six cards, but boy are they challenging for me to acquire. Nevertheless, I was able to acquire Christy Mathewson, Ty Cobb, and now Frank Chance within the span of a year. I'm told by advanced collectors that this is not normal, and that I should consider myself fortunate.

The Chance I just got was offered in REA earlier this year, but I ended up passing at the time to chase after another card. Well, everything works out it seems because Dave Schrader at Bagger's Sportscards ended up with the card and we ended up making a deal. I went about 10% over the REA price, which I felt was more than fair, and he was kind enough to take most of my mid and low grade cards in trade for it. I think it worked out for the both of us, because he got a brick of cards that are much easier to sell than a single, obscure cabinet.

I doubt I'll be able to get the other three in the next year, but I'm certainly going to try.

Here's my brand new Frank Chance, and the other two to refresh your memory.

I'm half done with my set! Chance-M110SportingLifeCabinets

I'm half done with my set! Mathewson-SportingLifeCabinetsM110

I'm half done with my set! Cobb-M110SportingLifeCabinets
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
I'm half done with my set! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100I'm half done with my set! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

I'm half done with my set! Empty Re: I'm half done with my set!

Post by terjung Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:57 pm

Awesome! You are flying through that set. Congrats!
I know that Lajoie and Wagner are also in the set. Who is the last one?
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
I'm half done with my set! Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100I'm half done with my set! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:04 pm

terjung wrote:Awesome! You are flying through that set. Congrats!
I know that Lajoie and Wagner are also in the set. Who is the last one?

Hal Chase is the sixth. The lone "common."
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
I'm half done with my set! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100I'm half done with my set! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pro9 Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:45 am

Great colour on the Chance....congrats.

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
I'm half done with my set! Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100I'm half done with my set! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:31 am

pro9 wrote:Great colour on the Chance....congrats.

The Chance is my favorite pose of the set. Unfortunately the Cobb, the Wagner, and the Lajoie are all very similar batting poses. The Hal Chase has an interesting throwing pose.

The colors on all of them are very different when compared to the T3 Turkey Red set. I greatly prefer the look of these, but I'm naturally bias.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Great Chance card - congrats!
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
I'm half done with my set! Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100I'm half done with my set! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fusionrohitt Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:54 pm

Wondering what your 1914 Cracker Jack Baseball cards are worth? ... slightly easier to find because in addition to being available in the Cracker Jack boxes, .... setting up trades with other collectors, and estimating the worth of your collection. ...

fusionrohitt
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fusionrohitt Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:57 pm

Yes I got the package and got it all hooked up and as usual it's awesome. ... You have helped me forgot about Viet Nam and I know you care about all of us. ... I'm not sure you'll remember who I am as we had our last correspondence over two .... After updating the software and changing the set up as you both stated it works ...

fusionrohitt
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down