Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The National... Who is Going?

+10
terjung
Bicem
benjaminplante
bowlingshoeguy
cccc
sabrjay
Jewish-collector
ValKehl
ullmandds
jbonie
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The National... Who is Going? Empty The National... Who is Going?

Post by jbonie Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:27 pm

Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting down to the National this year. Being on the east coast this is my grand opportunity to combine it with a trip to DC to visit friends and family.

If I go, I'll probably fly down on Wed night or Thursday morning and walk around the convention Thursday. How about holding the Full Count Forum dinner on Thursday night? The Nut54 dinner is on Friday night and this would prevent any overlap.

Any takers?

jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
The National... Who is Going? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100The National... Who is Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

The National... Who is Going? Empty Re: The National... Who is Going?

Post by ullmandds Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:28 am

I'm still tetering...too many weekends away makes my cat very very hornery!!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
The National... Who is Going? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100The National... Who is Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ValKehl Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:02 am

I'll be at the National on Friday and Saturday. Jamie, you might want to take in a game of the FIRST PLACE Nationals while you are in DC. Many thanks to the NY Nets for giving the game (via errors) to the Nats tonight! BTW, the Orioles are not playing at home during the National, but DC is not far from Baltimore.
Val

ValKehl
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
The National... Who is Going? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The National... Who is Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewish-collector Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:10 pm

I will be there there Wed - Sat. If anyone wants to meet for dinner after the show on Wed and/or Thurs night, LMK (I'm assuming the Full Count dinner is Sat night).
Alan

Jewish-collector
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
The National... Who is Going? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The National... Who is Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Okay, as it stands we seem to have only one person from the board whom I would be able to meet for dinner. Seeing that Alan lives near me and I have already met him, and the whole point of the trip is to meet the people from this board, I think it's best if I hold off till next year and maybe go to Chicago, unless there are material changes to who plans to go. We'll see, but as of now I will.probably not make the trip.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
The National... Who is Going? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100The National... Who is Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:52 pm

ullmandds wrote:I'm still tetering...too many weekends away makes my cat very very hornery!!!!!

hornery?!?! humping
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
The National... Who is Going? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100The National... Who is Going? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:16 pm

no nat'l for me in the near future as they're not touching anywhere west of chicago. i don't even necessarily need it to be in anaheim or anything. how about some cool places like san fran or hawaii or seattle etc where i can take my whole family and we can chill. balt sounds like fun too bad it's all the way over . THERE.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
The National... Who is Going? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100The National... Who is Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:20 pm

I may not make the national next year either. Right now the business is a huge money suck, which is a good thing because it is growing. It's just that moving from a home based operation to needing a co-packer costs a serious amount of money. At least in my world view.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
The National... Who is Going? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100The National... Who is Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:21 pm

sabrjay wrote:I may not make the national next year either. Right now the business is a huge money suck, which is a good thing because it is growing. It's just that moving from a home based operation to needing a co-packer costs a serious amount of money. At least in my world view.

hmm the die cut johnson is in danger? Shocked
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
The National... Who is Going? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100The National... Who is Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:14 pm

nah, The Gang of Ten are safe. For the moment. Although technically the die-cut WaJo isn't a member. I keep it because it's just so cool and no one else has one. Don't forget, he also has "New York" on jersey. I'm surprised Pete hasn't been trying to get the card from me.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:26 am

sabrjay wrote:nah, The Gang of Ten are safe. For the moment. Although technically the die-cut WaJo isn't a member. I keep it because it's just so cool and no one else has one. Don't forget, he also has "New York" on jersey. I'm surprised Pete hasn't been trying to get the card from me.

Good. Remember last time you sold your cards it didn't work out too well. Love makes a man do wild things; you are not at fault. But seeing as you are once again married, I have to put my hand up and say, "Do Not Sell the Cards." I know that it is absurd and completely out of my authority to say such a thing, but I must protect my fellow board members from catastrophe brought about by wild ambitions fueled by the opposite sex.

Remember, love makes us delusional. We've all been there.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:31 am

I still plan on going, have to wait and see how my medical bills are going to fall out. Definately do want to go. If I do go I definately want to see a Nats game.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
The National... Who is Going? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100The National... Who is Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by benjaminplante Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:37 am

Never been able to go yet, but I'm planning on going next year in Chicago. Someone tell me what it's like... Any good deals? Is there lots of vintage?? For some reason I picture it being all new stuff and lots of card companies setting up advertisement booths.
benjaminplante
benjaminplante
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:49 am

benjaminplante wrote:Never been able to go yet, but I'm planning on going next year in Chicago. Someone tell me what it's like... Any good deals? Is there lots of vintage?? For some reason I picture it being all new stuff and lots of card companies setting up advertisement booths.

Lots of new stuff and booths and stuff, but lots of vintage too. Good deals can be had but you need to dig around a little and negotiate.
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
The National... Who is Going? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100The National... Who is Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Sadly, I will not be able to make it. My job started sucking so bad in the month of June I had to quit, I am currently unemployed. Would have loved to go. I enjoyed Baltimore 2 years ago.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
The National... Who is Going? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100The National... Who is Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:54 pm

I'll be there.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
The National... Who is Going? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100The National... Who is Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:36 pm

I'm coming and hope I can find some great deals.
Jason
Jason
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
The National... Who is Going? Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100The National... Who is Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:16 am

regretfully...I will not be attending.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:53 am

I'm out. If Pete and Lee aren't going, two people whom I'd very much like to meet, then there is no way I am going down there. I will save my beans for a trip to Chicago next summer so I can meet the whole gang.

Have a great time everyone!

Hopefully Quan will come next summer, too.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:25 am

Chicago is a much easier trip for those of us in MN and the MN contingent on this board is pretty sizable.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:15 pm

would love to meet the whole fullcount gang one of these days. i think i've known ben and pete through the boards for almost 10 years but have never met.

on a related note--how's julie been doing? ben do you still keep in contact with her? that woman kept it real!
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:58 pm

Julie is doing well. I am still in touch with her on FB. She's still a big fan of baseball.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:15 am

cccc wrote:would love to meet the whole fullcount gang one of these days. i think i've known ben and pete through the boards for almost 10 years but have never met.

on a related note--how's julie been doing? ben do you still keep in contact with her? that woman kept it real!

Would really like to get to a national too, but my summers have been booked with family time because I spend 10 months of the year overseas. Chicago isn't out of the question though.

I have been in touch with Julie, but not much lately. She hasn't changed, definitely her own person, but with a sharp mind. She was volunteering at the Asian art museum in SF for a long time, I actually went on one of her tours....not sure if she's still doing it. I also helped her organize her collection before she consigned it to REA, man she had some amazing stuff (total packrat). Gonna email her this weekend. She really shoulda kept her t206 plank...
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
The National... Who is Going? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100The National... Who is Going? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by t206head Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:15 am

I'll be there for one day most likely friday
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
The National... Who is Going? Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100The National... Who is Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewish-collector Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:56 pm

So, my assumption is there is no Sat night dinner this year as there was in Baltimore in 2010 ?

Jewish-collector
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next