Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40..

+2
fisherboy7
Bosox Blair
6 posters

Go down

Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40.. Empty Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40..

Post by Bosox Blair Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:40 pm

...on Ebay last night? Went for under $800. I bid, but did not win. Last common player example I saw sold in this grade for over $1K. I think this was the only card ever made of this player - Zahniser. Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250681468778&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40.. Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40.. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40.. Empty Re: Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40..

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:54 pm

Very tough set. I think it sold for about what it should have, but it's hard to really know given how few hit the market. Often you'll see them with the bottoms trimmed off which obviously kills the value.

I once owned a Hollands Goose Goslin - nice looking complete card, but had a heavy horizontal crease (SGC 10). Pretty sure I traded it @ $800 value, so pretty much what that one went for. Mighta been a good one to hang on to in hindsight.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40.. Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40.. Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40.. Empty Re: Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40..

Post by zouraspm Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:01 am

This the card?
Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40.. Goslin-1
zouraspm
zouraspm
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40.. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40.. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:32 am

That's the one.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40.. Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40.. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:53 am

fisherboy7 wrote:That's the one.

That Goose would be a cool one to have - only 4 HOF in the set (others are Sam Rice, Bucky Harris and the big one - Walter Johnson).

Anyone ever see/own the Walter Johnson? Wonder what it would sell for...$$$!
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40.. Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40.. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:27 am

Bosox Blair wrote:Anyone ever see/own the Walter Johnson? Wonder what it would sell for...$$$!

I vaguely remember seeing a Johnson along with several other Holland cards sold by a Canadian seller on ebay maybe 7-8 years ago. Don't recall the prices but they were all raw and in decent shape.

Dan Mckee has an awesome Johnson collection which I'm pretty sure contains the Hollands.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by rhettyeakley Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:34 am

That is not the only card produced of Zahniser as he spent time in the PCL during the "Zeenut era"
Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40.. 32zeezahniser

rhettyeakley
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40.. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40.. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ValKehl Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:40 pm

Blair - I once had 2 Holland Johnsons, roughly 15 years ago. I traded one of them for $200-300 worth of cards as best as I can recall - wish I had kept them both! Here's scans of the Johnson card that I still have (FYI, I am a Johnson collector, as well as a Sam Rice and type card collector). I have all the Hollands except for the Peckinpaugh card, which I had the opportunity to buy several years ago, but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger and spend the $$ necessary to acquire it - this is my greatest hobby regret! Unfortunately, most of my Hollands are in P or F condition, including Zahniser. I would like to have upgraded my Zahniser with the one that just sold on eBay, but I decided to pass on it and save my $$ for cards I don't already have.

Rhett - I would be keen to acquire to acquire an example of the 1932 Zeenut Zahniser card that you showed; if you have an extra to trade or sell, kindly LMK. FYI, I am slowly working on a collection of cards of the Senators who played on Washington's 1924 team that won the World Series.

Val
[img][/img]

P.S. - Sorry guys, this is my first post on this forum, which I just joined today, and I wasn't able to figure out how to add the scans of my Holland Johnson card to this post (I am one of those dinosaurs who is not a skillful computer user). I'll try again another time to figure out how to add scans.

ValKehl
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:18 pm

Hi Val, thanks for the info on your Hollands Johnsons. If you'd like, you can send the scan to my email and I'll post it for you. There's also a scan posting tutorial in this thread

Great to see you over here righton

Ben

Last edited by fisherboy7 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ValKehl Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:33 pm

Ben - Thanks for the welcome and for your kind offer to assist me. I think I have now figured out how to add my scans.

Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40.. 1925ho16
Type Collectors - Anyone see the Holland Creameries SGC 40.. 1925ho17

But, I don't understand why one scan shows up so much bigger than the other one - both pics are the same size in my computer.
Val

ValKehl
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:39 am

ValKehl wrote:But, I don't understand why one scan shows up so much bigger than the other one - both pics are the same size in my computer.
Val

Hi Val,

Welcome to this forum, and thanks so much for posting the scans - wonderful card!!!
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by rhettyeakley Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:15 am

Val, should I ever upgrade my '32 Zee Zahniser I would be more than happy to get this one to you. It has some very mild back damage but the front image is nice (who cares about back damage on blank backs anyways!)

It's funny that your biggest hobby regret centers around the Holland's Peckinpaugh, because mine does too! I remember when it showed up ialong with a few others on ebay (I am guessing the year was 2001-2002 as I remember where I was living when I saw it and got excited about it.) I was an extremely poor recently married undergrad at that time and bid all the money I had in the world to try and win it (all $400 or so I had) and was the first underbidder to Frank Ward. I believe it is still the only copy of the card known at the present time as #16 was listed as unknown up to that point.

-Rhett

rhettyeakley
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ValKehl Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:33 am

Blair - Thanks for the kind words!

Rhett - I'll root hard for you to upgrade your 1932 Zee Zahniser! I wish I had known that the Peckinpaugh card was on eBay back then; had I known, you would not have been the first underbidder! I learned that Frank Ward had it from Bob Lemke's column in the 3/31/2000 issue of SCD. I contacted Frank in February 2001, and he sent me his For Sale Listing - his asking price for Peckinpaugh (which is in better condition than all of my Hollands) was $3,450. I was hoping to work a trade/partial trade with Frank - I was willing to part with a T214 and/or a T213-1 Matty and/or other cards, but we were unable to reach an agreement. By December 2001, I decided that I couldn't live without Peckinpaugh, so I contacted Frank again and learned that he had sold it a couple of months earlier! For some reason I have saved my email correspondence with Frank all these years - probably, so that I can re-live my biggest hobby regret from time to time! Like you, I am not aware that another Peckinpaugh card has ever surfaced.

Val

ValKehl
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by smtjoy Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:11 pm

Welcome aboard Val, good to see you over here. Thats one awesome Holland Johnson!!!!!
smtjoy
smtjoy
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down