Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the *not* at the national thread...

4 posters

Go down

the *not* at the national thread... Empty the *not* at the national thread...

Post by cccc Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:50 am

for the people with actual lives and responsibilities that can't make the national Very Happy

because i'm not at the national, i'm able to work on a couple trades and pick up some cards...and typing this post from taiwan. so if you're not at the national post something hobby-related...or not. ok maybe the national people can post also, see if i care yuck

the *not* at the national thread... E93CyYoungF
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
the *not* at the national thread... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100the *not* at the national thread... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

the *not* at the national thread... Empty Re: the *not* at the national thread...

Post by pro9 Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:32 am

Taiwan>Baltimore

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
the *not* at the national thread... Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100the *not* at the national thread... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

the *not* at the national thread... Empty Re: the *not* at the national thread...

Post by sabrjay Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:13 pm

Nice card of Irv Young.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
the *not* at the national thread... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100the *not* at the national thread... Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:18 pm

Quan and I worked out a blockbuster trade while NOT attending the national. So at least we accomplished something the *not* at the national thread... Icon_smile

Maybe next year I'll finally attend the big show.

Since posting random scans of cards from our collections seems to be acceptable in this thread (nice Irv Young Quan!), I present you with the following:

the *not* at the national thread... Shiftysam
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
the *not* at the national thread... Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100the *not* at the national thread... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:34 am

is the market slow, or am i still overpaying? i just underbidded on this e90-1 cobb:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230505365479&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT#ht_540wt_911

during the last week i've been underbidder on a e90-1 lajoie psa 3, '15 cracker jack speaker, '15 cracker jack lajoie, e93 matty sgc 20, and a t206 johnson sgc 40.

i better cut back my snipes by 15% just be sure Smile
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
the *not* at the national thread... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100the *not* at the national thread... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:26 pm

Looks like someone got a great deal on that e90-1 Cobb! That's a pretty nice looking card - probably about what a t206 Cobb would cost in the same condition.

National time might be a good time to snag some cards off ebay with so many distracted by the big show...

Quan, did those CJ HOFers sell reasonably as well?
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
the *not* at the national thread... Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100the *not* at the national thread... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:42 am

ben,

i thought they were going rates for cracker jacks. i think tony sold his '14 cjs speaker/lajoie in the $725-$750 range so i just based my snipes off that for the '15s...speaker $400 and lajoie $500. my guess is some dealer bought them for inventory.

also i resent the e93 young comment (since i now have 2!)...clearly irv was a lefty and true denton is shown here as a righty holding a bat Cool.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:36 pm

Ok Quan we'll give you a break. The E93 Young isn't Irv. Kind of an odd/awkward looking pose though huh?

Did you find your E94 Young yet?
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:50 pm

Cy Young is just a myth. He never actually played. No one could possibly win 511 games in a career. That or by 1910 he had been around so long that everyone just assumed he was immortal and when he retired they just assumed he got tired of pitching and being call Cy and changed his name to Irv.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
the *not* at the national thread... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100the *not* at the national thread... Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down