Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ramly Blank Back on ebay: "never heard of another"

3 posters

Go down

Ramly Blank Back on ebay: "never heard of another" Empty Ramly Blank Back on ebay: "never heard of another"

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:50 pm

Got a chuckle out of this seller's recent listings (all with insane BIN's - the usual for him if you've followed his auctions over the years).

He lists this raw T204 Ramly Moran saying he's "never heard of another" and puts a BIN/BO price of $7,500. He also uses the ever-popular term "proof" when it clearly isn't one. Alrighty then!

Funny thing is, another blank backed Ramly Moran...the exact same card...ended JUST YESTERDAY in a SGC 40 and sold for $236! Here's the LINK to that auction. Major eye roll.

Ramly Blank Back on ebay: "never heard of another" Icon_rolleyes
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Ramly Blank Back on ebay: "never heard of another" Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Ramly Blank Back on ebay: "never heard of another" Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Ramly Blank Back on ebay: "never heard of another" Empty Re: Ramly Blank Back on ebay: "never heard of another"

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:07 pm

And i don't even see a back scan.... Ramly Blank Back on ebay: "never heard of another" Icon_rolleyes

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Ramly Blank Back on ebay: "never heard of another" Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Ramly Blank Back on ebay: "never heard of another" Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Ramly Blank Back on ebay: "never heard of another" Empty Re: Ramly Blank Back on ebay: "never heard of another"

Post by canjond Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:07 pm

Ben - I had always thought the blank backs were not even black-backs per se, but rather the ramly card had it's back separated?
canjond
canjond
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Ramly Blank Back on ebay: "never heard of another" Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Ramly Blank Back on ebay: "never heard of another" Right_bar_bleue

http://www.baseballandtobacco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:13 pm

I've had 2 T204 Blank backs and i can tell you for sure that my backs were never removed. They are scarce but not overly rare.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Ramly Blank Back on ebay: "never heard of another" Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Ramly Blank Back on ebay: "never heard of another" Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:14 pm

Jon - I've never handled one personally, but my understanding is that Ramly blank backs are legit and not just skinned normal Ramlys. The fact that SGC grades them as such would seem to support that notion.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Ramly Blank Back on ebay: "never heard of another" Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Ramly Blank Back on ebay: "never heard of another" Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down