Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shipping UPS

5 posters

Go down

Shipping UPS Empty Shipping UPS

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:53 pm

Why would anyone ship UPS? I personally hate it because if you are not home, which means 4 days out of the week and I do not get home until after 8pm. They leave the package on the front door step. A couple of weeks ago I came home during a blizzard to being barely able to see my package on the front step. The package was valued over $500. I luckily have not had one sit out in the rain. frustrated

Done venting,

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Shipping UPS Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Shipping UPS Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Shipping UPS Empty Re: Shipping UPS

Post by sabrjay Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:19 pm

UPS sucks. Plain and simple. I had over $20k worth of sports memoribilia disappear from packages in thelate 80s. UPS didn't want to investigate. They said I should be happy that I insured them and got the money. They couldn't understand it wasn't about the money. Most of these items were rare, including a game used World Series bat from Willie Mays.

I avoid shipping with them at all cost. Theft goes on by drivers and warehouse people and they don't care. They would rather pay the insurance claim than have to do an investigation. That's truly sad

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Shipping UPS Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Shipping UPS Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Shipping UPS Empty I agree...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:26 pm

I never ship UPS mostly because of the cost. Also, they just raised their rates 5% so i know i will not be visiting the store. I sold an old golf club and needed a certain box to ship it in. Well, after trying Staples and office depot i ended up going to the UPS store. $9 later i had 1 cardboard box, imagine that. I figure $2-$3 at the most!!!!

I sold the golf club for a decent price so i did not care.

I only ship USPS now, its the cheapest and 99.9% of the time your stuff will get there. Although i lost 2 M116 Sporting Life wrapper when i shiped Nov.15 with no insurance. I did get delivery confirmation and it still says proccessed at Hartford, CT and that has been like that for 5 weeks. only out $75 bananarama

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Shipping UPS Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Shipping UPS Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:05 pm

I've sent cards thru USPS since the early 80s and have had a total of 2 packages lost in that time. Brown on the other hand managed to deliever two open and empty boxes in different weeks along with several other empty and open boxes got delivered.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Shipping UPS Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Shipping UPS Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:57 pm

UPS is terrible unless your package weighs a ton and is worthless. USPS is the way to go. I have shipped thousands of packages USPS with only a few being lost or busted into. I agree that it isn't about the money when a collectible is lost. Insurance only corrects a part of the anguish. I argued this with Mike at SGC. I ship expensive stuff USPS registered with no insurance or priority with signature confirmation with no insurance. Have never had a problem ever with these 2 methods.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Shipping UPS Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Shipping UPS Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:31 pm

I have had a few packages lost/broken over the years with USPS. Luckily, they were insured. With USPS's Registered Mail and Express Mail, I have NEVER had any problems. Also, I must be lucky, but I have never had any problems with UPS or Fed Ex (and I use to buy a TON of stuff from Mike Wheat that was delivered by UPS).

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Shipping UPS Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Shipping UPS Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down