Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1912 Boston Red Sox Killer Post Card with Speaker and Wood

2 posters

Go down

1912 Boston Red Sox Killer Post Card with Speaker and Wood Empty 1912 Boston Red Sox Killer Post Card with Speaker and Wood

Post by r337man Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:05 pm

1912 Boston Red Sox Killer Post Card with Speaker and Wood FC1

1912 Boston Red Sox Killer Post Card with Speaker and Wood FC2

Neat PC that I recently parted with but am already missing it!

You just can't save everything

Tris Speaker and Smokey Joe Wood were on this World Series winning team.

Underwood & Underwood Co.

Enjoy!
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
1912 Boston Red Sox Killer Post Card with Speaker and Wood Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 1001912 Boston Red Sox Killer Post Card with Speaker and Wood Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

1912 Boston Red Sox Killer Post Card with Speaker and Wood Empty Re: 1912 Boston Red Sox Killer Post Card with Speaker and Wood

Post by sabrjay Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:58 pm

great postcard. I love old team photos, especially around the turn of the century. So casual looking. Some of the guys in the background look more excited to be in the photo than the players.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
1912 Boston Red Sox Killer Post Card with Speaker and Wood Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 1001912 Boston Red Sox Killer Post Card with Speaker and Wood Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

1912 Boston Red Sox Killer Post Card with Speaker and Wood Empty Re: 1912 Boston Red Sox Killer Post Card with Speaker and Wood

Post by r337man Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:07 pm

Great observation Jay! I agree! The patrons in the back are all excited!  the players are like; hurry up and snap the damn picture already
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
1912 Boston Red Sox Killer Post Card with Speaker and Wood Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 1001912 Boston Red Sox Killer Post Card with Speaker and Wood Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:57 pm

Some thing you rarely see in the background of old postcards like that is a female in the crowd. The few times I've seen one with a female in the crowd it happened to have Ruth or some other high demand player, so I couldn't afford it.

If you look back attendance records for back then and realize that there were no Blacks and hardly any women, the attendance numbers are pretty amazing.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
1912 Boston Red Sox Killer Post Card with Speaker and Wood Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 1001912 Boston Red Sox Killer Post Card with Speaker and Wood Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down