Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vlady calls it a career.

+2
cccc
Z-NUT
6 posters

Go down

Vlady calls it a career. Empty Vlady calls it a career.

Post by Z-NUT Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:03 am

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Vlady calls it a career. Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Vlady calls it a career. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Vlady calls it a career. Empty Re: Vlady calls it a career.

Post by cccc Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:30 am

big vlad fan here, just not sure he did enough to be a hof'er
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Vlady calls it a career. Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Vlady calls it a career. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:34 pm

Vlad crushed the Mariners. That man could hit ANYTHING. Believe he hit a few over the wall that bounced before they got to the plate. Not to mention his practically pyrotechnic arm. Great player, probable HOF.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Vlady calls it a career. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Vlady calls it a career. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:48 pm

He's probably borderline HOF, but I'd vote for him. He a dominate player for decent amount of time and I'd rather see players leave the game before their tools have totally eroded rather than see them hang around to try and reach some milestone. Those last few years of hanging on don't change what the player did for the bulk of their career and that should be the measure of a HOFer, not hanging around to reach a milestone.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Vlady calls it a career. Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Vlady calls it a career. Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:26 pm

I would vote for Vlad because he put up big numbers during an era where there were few clean players. As far as I can tell, he was clean. Add in the speed and defense, and I think you can make a pretty good case for Vlad. There are quite a few players in the Hall with a WAR below Vlad's 60, and Vlad did it in a relatively short time span. He was a dominant player from 1998-2008, so that's an eleven year time span. So I'd say that he's in.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Vlady calls it a career. Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Vlady calls it a career. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:12 pm

He was a beast in Montreal on a bad team in a horrible stadium. His best year, 2002, should have gotten him an MVP too but Montreal was bad and with Pujols and Bonds playing for contenders, he didn't stand a chance that year.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Vlady calls it a career. Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Vlady calls it a career. Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:03 pm

I think his #'s are definitely worthy of the HOF...but it'd be surprising(being from the DR) and all...if he didn't use PED's?!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Vlady calls it a career. Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Vlady calls it a career. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:38 am

I don't think you can indict a guy based on his nationality. If there were smoke, it would be one thing, but there is no smoke. Remember, MLB tested everyone in 2000(?) and the tests were supposed to remain confidential. Vlad passed. Plus, I'd bet that every one of those guys had multiple opportunities to get roids, not just the Dominicans.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Vlady calls it a career. Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Vlady calls it a career. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Jamie...u r right!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Vlady calls it a career. Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Vlady calls it a career. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down