Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Collecting a card early...and late in a players career!

4 posters

Go down

Collecting a card early...and late in a players career! Empty Collecting a card early...and late in a players career!

Post by ullmandds Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:08 pm

I remember when I was a kid...I had binders of all of my hall of fameers...organized alphabetically by player...and cards were placed chronologically by year...I know...that was redundant!!!!!

I used to love flipping the pages watching each player progress from a rookie to an aging veteran right before my cardboard filled eyes!!!!

These days...collecting solely vintage...it's not feasible for me to pursue rookie cards in all cases...so I've found I like to collect atleast 2 cards of my favorite players...from different points in their playing careers!!!

Here are 2 of my Cobbs that represent the beginning of Ty's career...as well as more towards his twilight years.

Does anyone else do this?
[img]Collecting a card early...and late in a players career! Dietsc14[/img][code][img]Collecting a card early...and late in a players career! W575co12[/img]
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Collecting a card early...and late in a players career! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Collecting a card early...and late in a players career! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Collecting a card early...and late in a players career! Empty Re: Collecting a card early...and late in a players career!

Post by CobbSpikedMe Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:52 am

That's a pretty cool way to collect different players. I've never thought of that.

Nice Dietsche by the way. Very Happy
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Collecting a card early...and late in a players career! Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Collecting a card early...and late in a players career! Right_bar_bleue

http://forloveofthecards.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Collecting a card early...and late in a players career! Empty Re: Collecting a card early...and late in a players career!

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:07 am

I agree, that's cool approach Pete. I've always kinda liked cards of players in the twilight of their careers, the character really comes through on a lot of them. The 1916 Fleischmann (D381) set has a bunch of those kinds of cards.

Collecting a card early...and late in a players career! 50323
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Collecting a card early...and late in a players career! Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Collecting a card early...and late in a players career! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by nolemmings Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:44 am

I don't per se, but I do like the fact that I have the first and last cards of one of my favorite pre-war players, Joe Judge:
Collecting a card early...and late in a players career! 16m1014judge
[img]Collecting a card early...and late in a players career! 33goudeyjudge[/img]
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Collecting a card early...and late in a players career! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Collecting a card early...and late in a players career! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down