Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eck rookie goes for $11k!!!

4 posters

Go down

Eck rookie goes for $11k!!! Empty Eck rookie goes for $11k!!!

Post by sabrjay Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:35 pm

A PSA 10 just went for $11k with vig. Now everyone is going to think they have a fortune in their cards from 70s. It's always difficult to explain to people that the price does not mean that every card will sell for that price. That it needs to be graded by a TPG and if it gets the highest grade, then you MIGHT that that much too, but you still need to two people willing to run the price up that high in another auction. Even after the explanation, most don't get it.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Eck rookie goes for $11k!!! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Eck rookie goes for $11k!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Eck rookie goes for $11k!!! Empty Re: Eck rookie goes for $11k!!!

Post by Bosox Blair Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:41 am

Mine's the scarcer OPC version...but I'll still accept $11K...hahahahahaha!!! Laughing 

Eck rookie goes for $11k!!! Dennis10
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Eck rookie goes for $11k!!! Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Eck rookie goes for $11k!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by LucasRiley Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:42 pm

I gotta think this was just a case of someone with too much money and too big a desire to own the card (and maybe a little drunk when they hit the send button). For the love of god, Beckett's values his 76T RC at $30 in raw mint, and his OPC RC at $50 in raw mint. How a PSA 10 elevates it from there to $11,000, I don't know. All I can say is: Bosox, hang on to that card! Somewhere down the line, that's a really nice used car in your pocket. congrats
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Eck rookie goes for $11k!!! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Eck rookie goes for $11k!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by LucasRiley Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:55 pm

And BTW: I'd pay pretty good money for a PSA10 Action Card of Gibson hittin' that home run off him in '88.

"In a year that has been so improbable, the impossible has happened!"  yes
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Eck rookie goes for $11k!!! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Eck rookie goes for $11k!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:36 am

LucasRiley wrote:Bosox, hang on to that card! Somewhere down the line, that's a really nice used car in your pocket. congrats
LOL - will trade ECK for SUV!

Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Eck rookie goes for $11k!!! Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Eck rookie goes for $11k!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:16 pm

with these prices like the eck and ozzie there's no downside to card doctors buying up cheap vending boxes and going to work. with the registry even commons can command a pretty penny
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Eck rookie goes for $11k!!! Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Eck rookie goes for $11k!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down