Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today

5 posters

Go down

Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Empty Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:38 pm

Nice catalog they have, i don't believe i ever won from them. The pre-war stuff is decent but not great. Tons of signed baseballs. I believe people are waiting for REA to consign the nice cards.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Empty Re: Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today

Post by ItsOnlyGil Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:45 pm

There's lots of cards in their auction; most are not high priced blazers - which catch your eye, and draw your bids. But maybe it contains just what will sell. Exclamation
Perhaps they have been reading Mark's posts about the economy, and they are buying it! Mad

Is it time to jump into lower grade material, because everyone else is about to? naughty

They're Out To Get You, Better Leave While You Can
Don't Wanna Be A Boy, You Wanna Be A Man
You Wanna Stay Alive, Better Do What You Can
So Beat It, Just Beat It

You Have To Show Them That You're Really Not Scared
You're Playin' With Your Life, This Ain't No Truth Or Dare
They'll Kick You, Then They Beat You,
Then They'll Tell You It's Fair
So Beat It, But You Wanna Be Bad

Just Beat It, Beat It, Beat It, Beat It
No One Wants To Be Defeated
Showin' How Funky Strong Is Your Fighter
It Doesn't Matter Who's Wrong Or Right

Just Beat It, Beat It
Just Beat It, Beat It
Just Beat It, Beat It
Just Beat It, Beat It

flaming mad The beaters will rise flaming mad
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Empty True...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:54 pm

Matbe if the beaters are all there is to bid on then yes, low grades will rise in value. insane

My guess is, people are waiting for REA shooting cheers

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Empty Re: Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today

Post by ItsOnlyGil Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:18 pm

REA could establish the current market picture.
If the higher visibility items do not draw the prices anticipated, less may come to market in 2008.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Orioles1954 Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:51 am

Hello everyone,

I'm responsible for writing over 1/2 of the catalog Smile I hope you find something useful. Our July auction as far as pre-war material already surpasses the April auction. We will have over 250 high grade CJs, a ton of 1930s type cards (Butter Creams, GCM, Tattoo Orbits, Uncle Jacks) and a lot of "T" type cards including T211, T213 and a bunch of rare backs.

Orioles1954
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:33 am

JAmes (if that is you), the auctions I read have nice write ups.

I do agree that this auction does not have much "jump out at you" vintage stuff. I did like the 3 Pepsin pins, hope to own one soon. I am sure they will do alright but the timing is interesting, there sure will be alot of auctions finishing on the next month.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:40 am

James, thanks for the info - I look forward to those rare backs!

I agree with Lee on this - you do a nice job with the descriptions. righton At least I think it is you, as I mostly look at the Vintage Cards and I assume those are the ones you write the descriptions for.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Orioles1954 Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:08 pm

Thank you,

I am responsibie for the majority of vintage descriptions, but I also do the more current stuff as well. We hired a guy out of college in December, who knew some about the hobby. I've been training him for a few months on all the varieties of pre-war cards, and he is doing some of the graded card write-ups now. I think y'all will be pleased with some of the stuff coming up in July. I know we have a T206 Drum, Red Hindu, Lenox and all sorts of other backs. Take care,

James

Orioles1954
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Got the new Huggins and scott cat. today Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down