Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Complete American Card Catalog series

2 posters

Go down

Complete American Card Catalog series Empty Complete American Card Catalog series

Post by m-mac Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:58 pm

For anyone who ever thought of completing this series, eBay has presented an opportunity to obtain the complete series over the past two months. A 1939 with almost all or all the supplements edition went up and down in 48 hours at 2000 buy it now. Then a 1946 went for a 100 or so. Then a group of 53, 56, 60 with some supplements went for about 350. The grouping had a 49 supplement and some correspondence by a non-sporty.

I watched the 39 while I thought about an "Offer" before it was taken down. I had a large snipe in on th 46 and the group, but failed to bid. Wow.

Mike

m-mac
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Complete American Card Catalog series Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Complete American Card Catalog series Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Complete American Card Catalog series Empty Re: Complete American Card Catalog series

Post by sabrjay Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:44 pm

Great historical documents but somewhat of an arcane read. If anyone has seen the descriptions in the ACC it's amazing that people were able to figure what cards belonged to what sets without pictures as some of the descriptions are vague at best.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Complete American Card Catalog series Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Complete American Card Catalog series Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Complete American Card Catalog series Empty Re: Complete American Card Catalog series

Post by m-mac Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:52 am

I agree. I couldn't use the acc to figure out what is a random unknown issue at hand.

How the old time collectors determined how a card fit into which series/checklist is beyond me. I would guess that is where years of experience would come in. The old collectors probably did with photos & copies in snail mail with what we do via scans, forum posts, and email.

The acc was really an abbreviated summary of the various card collectors' bulletin articles. I purchased an acc on ebay, and a bunch of cutout articles on the n series from the ccb were laid in. In more recent years, like the 80s, it would be sort of like supplementing a vintage checklist with a Lipset Old Judge article and updated checklist

m-mac
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Complete American Card Catalog series Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Complete American Card Catalog series Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down