Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PSA grading service question!!

2 posters

Go down

PSA grading service question!! Empty PSA grading service question!!

Post by benjaminplante Tue May 29, 2012 5:11 am

Hello Guys,

Please answer my question about having a PSA card graded...

I recently purchased a 2001 Topps Archives Reserve Rookie Autographs John Unitas card from an Ebay seller for around $320.00. The card looked MINT, and why shouldn't it be? I mailed it to PSA (used the express service) so with shipping, insurance and return shipping, it ran me close to $70 to have this one card graded.

It comes back N6 minimum size requirement. I'm not happy. I don't disagree, when it came back I held it up to another card and it's about 1/64" narrower than a normal card.

I WANT this card encapsulated by PSA. What are my options?

If I mail it to PSA/DNA, will they authenticate the already certified topps auto and put it in a blue label slab? Does the card have to measure up for that service?

If I mail it to PSA and request they put it in a "authentic only" holder, how much do I have to pay and what service level do I check? It doesn't say on their submission forms.

I'm not a seller, I'm a collector. I love the card and I want to keep it. I want it encapsulated to preserve the condition and I don't really care what the label says. I would have been happy if the stupid label said EX 5! I just hate how you send in a card to be encased and it comes back with the sticker on the Card Saver I. Just encapsulate it! I want the experts here to chime in and tell me how I should go about grading this. [img][/img]
benjaminplante
benjaminplante
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
PSA grading service question!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100PSA grading service question!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

PSA grading service question!! Empty Re: PSA grading service question!!

Post by cccc Tue May 29, 2012 5:18 am

from my understanding, blue flip only grades the auto, not the card...so basically psa/dna.

you can get the card put in an authentic with PSA, and for a cheaper price than the blue flip, since they're not authenticating the auto...which imo is redudant since it's already certified from topps.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
PSA grading service question!! Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100PSA grading service question!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by benjaminplante Tue May 29, 2012 5:22 am

True, it is redundant. Do you know what the cost is for the "authentic only" grade?

I also have 01 Archives Reserves signed by Bart Starr, Paul Hornung and Raymond Berry (PSA/DNA only), so a Unitas would match well...
benjaminplante
benjaminplante
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
PSA grading service question!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100PSA grading service question!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by benjaminplante Tue May 29, 2012 5:37 am

I think an "authentic only" grade is a dead giveaway that somethings wrong with the card.. but like I said, I'm not a seller, i just want it graded..
benjaminplante
benjaminplante
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Tue May 29, 2012 2:41 pm

the "regular" tier is $15 for cards $500 and under. on the submission form just check the 'holder if authentic" box and psa will do it for u.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
PSA grading service question!! Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100PSA grading service question!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by benjaminplante Wed May 30, 2012 3:22 am

Thanks!!
benjaminplante
benjaminplante
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by benjaminplante Wed May 30, 2012 8:33 am

Mailed it off again... If PSA sends it back in a Card Saver 1, i'm going to rip it in half...

PSA grading service question!! Unitas10
benjaminplante
benjaminplante
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down