Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum?

+3
fisherboy7
sabrjay
Z-NUT
7 posters

Go down

Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Empty Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum?

Post by Z-NUT Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Not sure if this is the right area to post this? I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are about starting a vintage hockey forum? The old Net54 has one that is a little out of date and gets modest traffic and Net54Baseball has one that is combined with vintage basketball that also doesn't seem to get much action. I'm thinking about a forum dealing with hockey card sets and memorabilia from 1910 to 1990, dealing with professional and amateur leagues, regional issues, etc. Vintage hockey seems to be growing in popularity and could use a good forum for long-time collectors and to draw in newbies.

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Empty Re: Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum?

Post by sabrjay Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:13 pm

You are more than welcome to post this sort of topic in the Bullpen area. If enough traffic gets generated we can set up a separate topic area for it.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Empty Re: Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum?

Post by Z-NUT Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:15 pm

Thanks Jay, I'll move it over there

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:16 pm

As a vintage hockey enthusiast myself, it sounds like a good idea to me Adam. Were you thinking of setting up a seperate site, or just a subforum here? If you're thinking a seperate site, I highly recommend the host we use here (phpbb). In my opinion, it's second to none in terms of design, functionality, and ease of use. I'd be willing to help you with set up and link you to our forum as a sister site. Let me know what you're thinking.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-NUT Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:18 pm

Ben, I'm thinking maybe a subforum here. I'm only mildly computer literate, so I haven't the first clue about how to get it going.

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Ok. In that case, setting up a subforum would take a matter of minutes.

Before doing that, we'd need consent on behalf of the other mods as well as a plan as far as generating some activity to get it going. If you are willing to spearhead that, then I'm fully behind adding a vintage hockey subforum to Full Count.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-NUT Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:26 pm

Sounds great. I have a few topics in mind to bring up to get things started.

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:25 pm

I have 0 interest in hockey...but I have hockey loving friends...and if you guys could create the authority on hockey stuff forum here...it could really enhance and increase the success and popularity of this board.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:03 pm

i really tried getting into vintage hockey a few years back...even asking yawie about the sets a couple times. ultimately i did not have enough canadian in me and never got started.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:25 pm

All the good hockey players are in the early lacrosse sets Wink
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:44 pm

I have no problem with a subforum. With the amount of traffic here it could be good for both.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:23 pm

I would gladly participate actively. I collect pre-war hockey and lacrosse.

Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? C55_cy10
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-NUT Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Blair, that is one sweet Cyclone.

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:53 pm

Hey guys, the hockey forum is up and running! Looking forward to the ensuing discussions. Thanks for the suggestion Adam, I think it will be a really nice addition to the forum.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Z-NUT wrote:Blair, that is one sweet Cyclone.

Thanks, Adam!
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Thoughts on starting a vintage hockey forum? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:22 am

fisherboy7 wrote:Hey guys, the hockey forum is up and running! Looking forward to the ensuing discussions. Thanks for the suggestion Adam, I think it will be a really nice addition to the forum.

Hi Ben,

Nice addition - I'm liking it already!
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down