Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lenox cards have been on fire lately!

4 posters

Go down

Lenox cards have been on fire lately! Empty Re: Lenox cards have been on fire lately!

Post by asphaltman76 Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:02 pm

Scott,

I dont know, the PSA 6 looks really weak for the grade...looks more like a 5 to me, in which case it was a really strong price for that card, jmho.
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Lenox cards have been on fire lately! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Lenox cards have been on fire lately! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Lenox cards have been on fire lately! Empty Re: Lenox cards have been on fire lately!

Post by scott elkins Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:00 pm

Dave - you are right - plus, it had a rather large stain on the reverse. I agree with you, a weak 5 or a strong 4, but NOT a 6! Still the price seems reasonable compared to the trimmed example and poor example IMHO.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Lenox cards have been on fire lately! Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Lenox cards have been on fire lately! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:27 am

i was considering selling my scg 60 lennox back and was going to ask $2500 because I really didn't want to sell it...so I'd agree the prices are robust for sure!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Lenox cards have been on fire lately! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Lenox cards have been on fire lately! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:42 pm

Lenox cards have been on fire lately! T206me10

This card is my only Lenox. It has no name, and measures properly, I know have it graded and it came back a 10. Doesn't make any sense to me.

The Lenox backs were some of the toughest to track figuring out the prices when I was trying to get my T206 set together. I paid $300 for this about 3 years ago.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Lenox cards have been on fire lately! Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Lenox cards have been on fire lately! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:39 pm

Lee, that Merkle Fielding looks nicer than a 10! I would say a 30, or high end 20 myself.

I would like to take advantage of the strong Lenox prices, but, since I collect 460 Series Only cards, most of my Lenox cards are 460 Series Only cards (like Lee's Merkle), that I collect and don't want to let go (even though I don't collect Lenox backs).

I guess the biggest surprise of mine with these latest prices is, before I quit collecting, I remember buying VG Lenox commons for around $150 each or less. Anything over $200 for a VG Lenox common, when I was collecting rare backs the first time around, was considered outrageous. Then, I remember selling mine when I quit collecting for around $250 each, thinking the prices had maxed out and I would come back into the Hobby in a few years and buy these back for less (boy, was I wrong! insane ).

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Lenox cards have been on fire lately! Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Lenox cards have been on fire lately! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:46 pm

nice merkle Lee...is there any trace of a name? I bought mine in the early nineties from a guy who was having health issues and was selling off his collection...I met him on the web and this was one of my first transactions on the WWW. I was into rare back T206's back then and he had bunches of uzits...but all were HOF'ers and out of my budget. I got my Abbaticchio for $170 and he threw in a D322 for free. I also bought an O'hara St Louis for $170. I sold the O'hara at the 95' national for $350...but I still have the other two! sorry I can't seem to post the pics!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:07 pm

Pete - sounds like you picked up some amazing cards from this person! It would be great, if you could post a scan of your SGC 60 Lenox card for us. I would love to see it, as it is probably nicer than the PSA 6 that sold on eBay. The highest grade Lenox I have is only an SGC 50 Marquard (Throwing) and PSA 4 Lake (Hands High), so I don't really have any EX or better examples to show.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:09 pm

BTW - there does look to be a small trace of the top of Merkle's name on Lee's card. I wonder if SGC downgraded this b/c they considered it a miscut? Still, I have seen worse centering not punished grade-wise by SGC. I have always considered SGC more lax on corners and centering and PSA more lax on creases and wrinkles.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:23 pm

[img]Lenox cards have been on fire lately! Scan0001-4[/img]

Lenox cards have been on fire lately! Tiptop
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down