Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T206 Wagner Proof Strip (Reprint) Ebay Auction

3 posters

Go down

T206 Wagner Proof Strip (Reprint) Ebay Auction Empty T206 Wagner Proof Strip (Reprint) Ebay Auction

Post by So_Rare Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:41 pm

Would any of the T206 experts on this board comment to this T206 newbie on the EBay auction that concluded last night as follows:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120805405900?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This strip looks exactly to the last crease to the following, though the bottom one has been SGC authenticated and a blank back:

http://www.t206museum.com/page/periodical_104.html

While the seller seems to have a great track record, though providing the "I have no idea what this is" get-out-of-jail-free card, does this card strip have any other significance? I was surprised it went for that amount as an obvious (?) reprint, which is why I am writing and commenting.

I am guessing that it is just a "fun" forgery since the "creases are shown but are not there" just like the sellers of "distressed" Wagner, Cobb and other T206 reprints but would love to hear from the experts. bow I appreciate any perspective.

Thanks!

So_Rare
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
T206 Wagner Proof Strip (Reprint) Ebay Auction Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100T206 Wagner Proof Strip (Reprint) Ebay Auction Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

T206 Wagner Proof Strip (Reprint) Ebay Auction Empty Re: T206 Wagner Proof Strip (Reprint) Ebay Auction

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:37 pm

Someone went through alot of effort to put the newspaper stuff on the back. Sure looks like a copy, too many red flags. Someone took a big chance at $400 bucks.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
T206 Wagner Proof Strip (Reprint) Ebay Auction Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100T206 Wagner Proof Strip (Reprint) Ebay Auction Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

T206 Wagner Proof Strip (Reprint) Ebay Auction Empty Re: T206 Wagner Proof Strip (Reprint) Ebay Auction

Post by Bicem Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:26 pm

as stated in another thread, people are stupid.
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
T206 Wagner Proof Strip (Reprint) Ebay Auction Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100T206 Wagner Proof Strip (Reprint) Ebay Auction Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum